• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Under body noise insulation cover extending to the rear end not attached with fasteners or screws in the rear (trunk side). Is this normal?

leodan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda civic touring
As I looked under my 2022 civic, I noticed a quite long under body attachment that transverses all the way to the back of the car. I suppose this is for noise insulation. It is mostly attached with 3 special screws on each side in line and close to the center (6 screws total). I noticed that on the two back corners (trunk side) there is a place where it could be attached, as there is one hole in each rear corner. However, mine is not attached to anything in those two rear corners (the end of the cover). I was wondering if this is how it is supposed to be or the assembly line person neglected to fasten the rear sides of my car. I welcome others observation. Thanks.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Call your local Honda service department and ask. If they don't know you can drive by and show them what you are talking about. They should be able to find out for sure.