• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

NIN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hondas 4 life
Looks good.. The proportions and everything look way better than what I expected compared to the patent images.

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X2 M35i
These HQ photos make it look better but I think the one we saw in Japan showed more details of the vehicle then we see here. Also noticed that this one doesn’t have exhaust outlets like the Japanese model, this is probably a Diesel model for Europe or just a lower trim.

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Definitely better than the patent images. It might even be a touch shorter than the sedan (it should be, hatches are usually shorter than sedan counterparts). But I still feel like there is something missing from the back... i.e. spoiler(s). The overall look of that rear would be so much better with a roof spoiler, to make it look more hatchback and less long bulbous sedan. That's what's really giving it those wagon/crosstour vibes IMO. Interestingly, while I don't mind the front end, I think the cars proportions look best from the 3/4 rear view... the hood looks properly long and stance is sporty... side profile and front views, less so.

But looking at how the hatch pillars connect to the roof, I'm not sure you could put a roof spoiler on it... as it would impede the hatch opening up. At least based on where the panel gaps appear to be, and in relation to the shark fin location so close to the rear glass. In that case, a wing spoiler, similar to what the 10th gen has that kind of bisects the lower window, would also help to visually raise up the back end into a more traditional hatch profile, it would also help hide that somewhat unsightly rear wiper...

If I had to guess, the combo of the wheels, hidden exhaust, and what looks like the much larger infotainment screen tell me this is probably an EXL or Touring trim, possibly an EX. Another note, the front upper grill has a honeycomb insert rather than the horizontal slats we've seen on the patent images/prototype, which visually, I like much more than the dull horizontal bars.

JimmEEE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mz3
Looks almost like it could be a modern Accord hatchback - not that that's necessarily a bad thing. It's not as bloated looking as the Crosstour was.

The "OF" in the German license plates is the city code for Offenbach am Main, which is where Honda R&D Europe is located.

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport 6MT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Well.......... what can I say..... Oh! I like the wheels.

Otherwise, ?

CastorX

First Name
Balázs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5 Turbo Sport Plus
These HQ photos make it look better but I think the one we saw in Japan showed more details of the vehicle then we see here. Also noticed that this one doesn’t have exhaust outlets like the Japanese model, this is probably a Diesel model for Europe or just a lower trim.
Im pretty sure there will be no diesel of the 11th gen. Not even for Europe.

adc3132

@sheesh_and_destroy
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Touring
YES!!!! Dude they BETTER have an Si variant for the hatchback!! I WANT THAT STANDARD BABY BEFORE EVERYBODY GOES ELECTRIC AND BORING!! Sorry... I gotta calm down now~ =(
Pretty sure I read that there will be an Si hatch this time!!! I would have 100% jumped for that instead of my sport touring.

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Si hatch seems likely given the death of the coupe AND production moving to north america. That would be my first pick as well, assuming I can get past the styling (maybe the Si trim will help with that)

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
Give me an Si hatch so I don't have to get the Type R!

I agree that this gen could be one of the last 6mT sporty cars, so do it right, Honda.

JimmEEE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mz3
I agree that this gen could be one of the last 6mT sporty cars, so do it right, Honda.
My sentiments exactly - I hope I'm wrong, but Sporty MT hatchbacks will probably be extinct soon. The Civic 11th gen could well be the last call.
Sponsored