• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

JimmEEE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mz3
Honda said 20% of Civics were hatchback, so sedans were probably still 70%. Much better than they expected at 20%.
Right, the hatchback is something like 20-25% of sales in the US market. I recall reading one of the Honda execs saying that they were surprised the hatchback was that popular in the US.

That's why production is being moved to the US (Greensburg, Indiana) after the factory in England that makes the 10th gen HB shuts down.
Sponsored

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
Right, the hatchback is something like 20-25% of sales in the US market. I recall reading one of the Honda execs saying that they were surprised the hatchback was that popular in the US.

That's why production is being moved to the US (Greensburg, Indiana) after the factory in England that makes the 10th gen HB shuts down.
I think it’s cause the anti hatch thing is a cosmetic thing, and the Civic hatch is really a fastback. I like fastbacks better cause I can’t usually fold the seats down so a short tall trunk isn’t very useful.

S2kx8

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Civic, 2001, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009 S2000’s
"however those sedan taillights are just absolutely atrocious. They're so big... and just.... low rent looking."

Though I understand your perspective from a styling basis, I must say they don't really bother me. According to our insurance agent, several studies have proven rear end collisions have increased:.

"Today 87% of rear end collisions are due to distracted driving habits directly related to automotive electronics with drivers paying more attention to their mobile phones and infotainment screens in cars rather than staying focused on driving".

As I see it, I prefer a larger brake light packed with the brightest LED bulbs one can find. If possible I'm going to add a 3rd Brake Light flasher to our 2020 Si Coupe since all our other cars have them installed and I've seen a noticeable difference in just how much more space people stop behind you.

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Sure, there have been, you just need to look deep enough.

70e418ae309045dba2813d91bb9c4a73_1200.jpg

ab9b0c730e594340beb5b684e3904017_800.jpg

0ef0e80f4b3b4aae977504715b788b24_800.jpg

Source
Something else interesting of note possibly.... tinted windows. We've yet to see tinted windows on any of the test cars, that I can remember... perhaps Honda will start offering tinted windows on upper trims (or at lease on sport/Si models).

OP
OP
TigerEyeJazz

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X2 M35i
Something else interesting of note possibly.... tinted windows. We've yet to see tinted windows on any of the test cars, that I can remember... perhaps Honda will start offering tinted windows on upper trims (or at lease on sport/Si models).
Possibly but at the same time I feel like this is mainly since it’s testing in India and they want to make sure nothing leaks of the interior.

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Wake me up when something worthy appears. Maybe the interiors will be dope. So far underwhelmed. Don't hate it, just not inspired.
Agree with other posters the hatchback, SI and CTR will tell us if Honda has another winner- or just caved and played it 'safe'.

Which to me is the riskiest thing you can do in design.

'Yeah, percentage players die broke too, don't they, Bert?' - Paul Newman as pool player Fast Eddy Felson in The Hustler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic EX
So far, this may be a good upgrade from the 9th gen civic (well, the tenth gen already is) but if you have a tenth gen, it may be better to wait for the twelfth gen.

SuperCyan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T Sedan
So far, this may be a good upgrade from the 9th gen civic (well, the tenth gen already is) but if you have a tenth gen, it may be better to wait for the twelfth gen.
There will be a refresh I assume before then. Plus who knows what comes out between now and in 5 years. A lot is to change

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
There will be a refresh I assume before then. Plus who knows what comes out between now and in 5 years. A lot is to change
Good points to make. Depending on the feedback/sales of the 11th gen, Honda could do a more substantial update in 3 years time. And as you said, 5 years time could see a lot of change, both in powertrains, sales trends, gas prices, new models, etc etc.

I want to be optimistic that Honda has some strategy to this new gen. They know its going to be polarizing to those that loved the 10th gen styling. However, I think we may be in for some welcome surprises in regards to the new gens refinement, available tech/safety, and even performance upgrades over the 10th gen, both to keep the civic class leading as well as make it an even more tempting option in a crossover crazed market, people on the fence over the civic or something like the HRV/CRV might be wooed to the civic if the car makes a dynamic proposition.
Sponsored