• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Stock exhaust cut in half...still good or trash now?

darinja

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R SGP, 2023 Honda Pilot Trailsport
When I bought my FL5, it had the AWE Touring exhaust on it, and the owner had the stock exhaust still. He was going to trash it, but he said he could cut it in half for me to take home and that an exhaust place can weld it back together no problems, so we did that since it was either that or not have it at all. Does anyone know if it can still be welded back together and used? It takes up a lot of space in my garage so I was going to sell it, but only if it's still useable.
Sponsored

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Yes, it can easily be welded back together. It'd take up just as much/more room in your garage if it was in one piece, and you'd never be able to transport it in the FL5 in one piece.

Signed,
Someone who has the OEM FL5 exhaust sitting in the garage in one gargantuan piece

OP
OP

darinja

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, it can easily be welded back together. It'd take up just as much/more room in your garage if it was in one piece, and you'd never be able to transport it in the FL5 in one piece.

Signed,
Someone who has the OEM FL5 exhaust sitting in the garage in one gargantuan piece
If it's still useable, I'm going to try and sell it, so it would take no space up in the garage haha thanks for the response, and I'll be listing it pretty soon. No idea what to ask for it though, especially since there's not a lot of FL5s in my area (Nashville) and the chance they need a stock exhaust is minimal.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
If it's still useable, I'm going to try and sell it, so it would take no space up in the garage haha thanks for the response, and I'll be listing it pretty soon. No idea what to ask for it though, especially since there's not a lot of FL5s in my area (Nashville) and the chance they need a stock exhaust is minimal.
I'll say it's probably worth slightly more than scrap, but it's likely not worth much more than what it'll cost to ship it. Even if there were plenty of FL5s in your area, the OEM exhaust isn't... uh... how to put this... necessarily desirable. It's certainly not worth getting an extra if you already have one.

@Nene was hunting for an OEM FL5 exhaust in the NYC area recently. Perhaps your desire to clear out space and his want of an OEM exhaust can align for the right price?

Nene

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback
I'll say it's probably worth slightly more than scrap, but it's likely not worth much more than what it'll cost to ship it. Even if there were plenty of FL5s in your area, the OEM exhaust isn't... uh... how to put this... necessarily desirable. It's certainly not worth getting an extra if you already have one.

@Nene was hunting for an OEM FL5 exhaust in the NYC area recently. Perhaps your desire to clear out space and his want of an OEM exhaust can align for the right price?
Thanks for the mention! Still looking for one

OP
OP

darinja

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would have no idea how to ship an exhaust and guessing it's more of a hassle than anything finding a box and packing it up and everything. I'd do it if there was an easy way, but was hoping for more of a local deal lol.

Ultimateone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 CW CTR
Shipping an exhaust thats not easily able to be taken apart by a flange is going to be extremely expensive to ship.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Shipping an exhaust thats not easily able to be taken apart by a flange is going to be extremely expensive to ship.
Well his was probably taken apart by a reciprocating saw, but it's still going to be heavy.
Sponsored