• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

The MOST ADM you would pay.

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R, 2006 s2000, 2022 Ram TRX, 2005 srt-4
Build Thread
Link
Price is important. But not as important as your time, or getting the right car. A good deal on the wrong car is not a great deal. You can always make more money. You cannot manufacture more time.

Spend the latter wisely.

I am not recommending overpaying for something you can get for less - I am just saying don't let price stand between you and your dreams.

When I am driving my CTR, I am not thinking that I should have received a higher trade in for my SI three years ago. Or about my payment. I am just happy. Period.

Quick story: Speaking with the finance manager, very decent guy, who helped me with my purchase financing I asked him about what he liked to drive. He told me wistfully he used to love driving a manual but due to some serious physical issues had to drive an automatic now.
There is the cost to buy a car - and there is the opportunity cost of not driving the car you want, that is an overall great fit for you - at that time.

speaking from many years on the planet - the older you get the more you realize what really matters. Saying 'I got it for less' - not so much. Saying 'I got to have this experience' - yeah, that is the real deal.
Words to live by, life is too short.
Sponsored

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Trades his kidney for a Type R….😂

This:

Biotech Firms: 'Replacement lab grown organs coming soon! No shipping with Amazon Prime!'

Honda: 'You are on the list to get a new CTR. At 400 cars/month maybe October. 2025.

So go ahead and sell those kidneys while you can, they'll make more. Type R's? Miracles take time.

GundamR26

First Name
Reeve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Im in North Jersey, Just picked up a Sonic Grey FL5 for $6K over in MD! Not bad considering all the dealers in NY/NJ asking anywhere from $10-20K over! Theyre crazy! I think prices will eventually start going down due to Japan production increase come next month. I believe Japan has reached their 10K unit mark for the asian market so there should be more FL5 coming to the states soon before the 24's start rolling in by the new year. Probably not a huge amount i would say maybe 100-150 units.

Blue_fb6

First Name
Stive
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 civic si 2019 honda pilot 2007 civic lx
Im in North Jersey, Just picked up a Sonic Grey FL5 for $6K over in MD! Not bad considering all the dealers in NY/NJ asking anywhere from $10-20K over! Theyre crazy! I think prices will eventually start going down due to Japan production increase come next month. I believe Japan has reached their 10K unit mark for the asian market so there should be more FL5 coming to the states soon before the 24's start rolling in by the new year. Probably not a huge amount i would say maybe 100-150 units.
What dealership?

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Back to the topic : The most ADM I would pay is also the least ADM I could get away with.

voiddweller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 CTR, '04 TSX 6MT, '12 MDX, '97 240SX SR20DET
I had one of the first '17 CTR's (I think #209?) and paid MSRP. It took two weeks reaching out to Honda stores around the country. A GM called and said he was inspired by my passion to own one of the first CTR's sold in the US and sold one to me at MSRP.

I'll never understand paying more than what the manufacturer thinks the product is worth. As one Cadillac GM told me a few months ago, "I love people who are passionate about vehicles. To me, cars (vehicles) are a commodity, but enthusiasts are willing to pay a lot to satisfy their passion and that makes me a lot of money."

As far as the original question, zero.

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Honda Acty
I had one of the first '17 CTR's (I think #209?) and paid MSRP. It took two weeks reaching out to Honda stores around the country. A GM called and said he was inspired by my passion to own one of the first CTR's sold in the US and sold one to me at MSRP.

I'll never understand paying more than what the manufacturer thinks the product is worth. As one Cadillac GM told me a few months ago, "I love people who are passionate about vehicles. To me, cars (vehicles) are a commodity, but enthusiasts are willing to pay a lot to satisfy their passion and that makes me a lot of money."

As far as the original question, zero.

Paid MSRP for my 2020 as well.

1971Camaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru crosstrek
CW White -- includes perma plate -- for $7k over -- NO GAMES/NO HIDDEN CHARGES, i know the salesperson. DM me back if interested.

1971Camaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru crosstrek
Little high still, guys are getting 5K easily now and some have gotten 3-4K.
Ahhh... ok. Then this would be best for people near Chicagoland. That 7k includes free loaner cars for any service (including oil changes), free pickup and delivery of car when servicing, free car washes at the car wash facility, and other complimentary services. I bought my car there, and i can confirm all that is real. So, it's a decent deal.

Fanatic

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Civic Type R and many more...
Paid about $6,500 over MSRP here locally in DFW, but they threw in extra year of bumper to bumper warranty plus some additional benefits such as wheels locks, tint, exterior/interior protection, nitrogen in tires, all weather floor mats, etc.

Another dealer called me after my purchase and said that they could do $5k over or maybe better if the car sits around for a while - but their 3 Type R units aren't arriving until the end of November or early December. Could I have done better? Probably. I'm enjoying the car now though. : )
Sponsored

Last edited: