• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

"The Search".. not what i expected.

Stan23

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 FL5, 2002 AP1 S2000
I want to say I think I saw a post on FB that thousand oaks honda had 2 cars for ~ 2K of accessories on top of MSRP.
Sponsored

rob495

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2012 Ariel Atom
I sold my G80 for a FL5. Many of my friends disapproved but I’m following my gut.
I did the same! I sold it to a BMW dealership when used car prices were out of control. I basically drove the M3 for a year for free. I miss the heads up display, heated steering wheel, and power. But the Type R is more engaging, is more practical, and looks so much better;)

OP
OP
dminus

dminus

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Clarity
I want to say I think I saw a post on FB that thousand oaks honda had 2 cars for ~ 2K of accessories on top of MSRP.
duuuuude!! this place is legit! they do sell their cars for little as 2k over! oh man! california jackpot dealership!!! oh man! thank you so much! and lets let everyone know so they know what's up! good find fam! really appreciate it! they're all out right now of type R's but they'll get more in the future.

FDM2023

First Name
Rt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR, 2006 S2k
i reside in sunny southern california and i've been looking for a FL5 civic type R in state for 1 full month now. what i mean by looking for is calling at least a few dealership everyday, speaking with sales reps, sales managers, I've been trying really hard to get an MSRP deal. i'm in no means rich and the FL5 is more expensive than the FK8 was and I don't want to pay over MSRP. i just realized i kind of sound like i'm whinning but that's not what i'm doing here. I haven't gotten close to an MSRP deal from any dealership yet, and i want to make a good choice. one that my dad and my son would be proud that i made.

i understand the car is special, i owned an FK8. but i want to pay what the maker said it's worth. i've been trying my best not to buy a car out of state, does anyone, ANYONE... have any suggestions, or ideas, any dealerships, any people you know, any honest sales guys you encountered, anything to help me along the search would be more than appreciated. Thank you in advance for anyone who jumps on this thread to "help me.... i'm poor" ... haHa
I get what you're saying.. but I had to fly out of state to buy the car. I live in Florida and bought in New Jersey. I'd recommend expanding your search. The MSRP's are out there.. but yeah, it's a needle in a haystack sorta thing.

OP
OP
dminus

dminus

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Clarity
Understood. I just know I was very set on buying new but the search and dealership experience wasn't worth it for me. Best of luck to you.
i know exactly what you mean. but with good things comes sometimes a high price. and dealing with the dealerships in my eyes is the high price even more so than the money sometimes. i totally feel you fam. but i won't let them have a say in my decisions. ^^
Sponsored