• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

"The Search".. not what i expected.

Bbfl5

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fl5 type r
i have a 15k down payment. and although i am financing, i plan to pay it off within the first year. i hate interest, hahaha
If you have 15k down-payment and plan to pay it off in a year.
Then why don't you just save for a year and buy it cash?
Paying it off early then you are still paying interest from your loan lol
Sponsored

watchmegrub

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 FL5
Just read through this thread. I'm in the same boat as you OP. Just started my search this weekend in socal and 3k over is the best I could find. Not in a super hurry though so I'm hoping the mark ups continue to drop over the next few months. Stay patient!

For those of you who shipped your cars back from out of state, what has been the closest state to offer MSRP? And I've personally never bought a car out of state before. What are the major differences in the buying process that I would need to be aware of? Thanks all!

OP
OP
dminus

dminus

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Clarity
If you have 15k down-payment and plan to pay it off in a year.
Then why don't you just save for a year and buy it cash?
Paying it off early then you are still paying interest from your loan lol
hahahah, yeah, that would be smart right? but the problem is, i want the car now tho.. so i'm willing to occur a little bit of interest to get the car now and not a year later. hope that answered your question.

OP
OP
dminus

dminus

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Clarity
SoCal Here.
2024 Type 2K over in January Bakersfield.
Drove 2 Hours from Riverside to get it.
was that at barber Honda? do you remember the sales person or sales manager that you dealt with there? any specific details will be most helpful. thank you!

OP
OP
dminus

dminus

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Clarity
Just read through this thread. I'm in the same boat as you OP. Just started my search this weekend in socal and 3k over is the best I could find. Not in a super hurry though so I'm hoping the mark ups continue to drop over the next few months. Stay patient!

For those of you who shipped your cars back from out of state, what has been the closest state to offer MSRP? And I've personally never bought a car out of state before. What are the major differences in the buying process that I would need to be aware of? Thanks all!
bro, goodluck on your "the search"... i'll give you any information in the future once it's solid and can actually benefit you or others. good to know we in the same boat brotha! ^^

hhkb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
I’m telling you man, there are MSRP deal in the East side all over Indiana and Ohio. Costs about $1,500 to ship!

bstar24

First Name
Bryan Johnson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR 2024
was that at barber Honda? do you remember the sales person or sales manager that you dealt with there? any specific details will be most helpful. thank you!
Ask for Joel. Yes it was Barber Honda.

Mfever

First Name
Vache
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 type R, Bmw E30, Bmw E46
Just got mine on sunday, 2.5k over sticker at Galpin for a Championship white… they wouldn’t budge below that… I spent about a month and a half working on them. Initially they started at 10k over sticker. I was at about 55k out the door.

hhkb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Just got mine on sunday, 2.5k over sticker at Galpin for a Championship white… they wouldn’t budge below that… I spent about a month and a half working on them. Initially they started at 10k over sticker. I was at about 55k out the door.
Share some pics!!

forrestbb

First Name
Forrest
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 RR CTR, Civic SI-2008 sedan
That's not the same. An NSX isn't exactly readily available and if he found the one he wanted across the country and planned out a trip for it, I could definitely understand why he would do that.

A few years ago, I did drive 9 hours up to Oregon to buy a motorcycle from a dealer that sold it $1,500 less than the local dealer here. I would never do that again. It just wasn't worth the time and hassle.

To me, the fl5 is readily available at dealers near me. I paid 4k over msrp, but was able to negotiate over the phone, agreed on the price and from initial contact with the dealer and to the car in my garage was only a few hours. To me, had I found an msrp deal, paid shipping and buying a car sight unseen, I may have saved $2,000 but to me, it wasn't worth the hassle.
Hi Stan, Thanks for sharing. Just curious, which SF bay area dealership did you negotiate with for your FL5?
Sponsored