• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

"The Search".. not what i expected.

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Congratulations! Great pics! I also appreciate the 325is next to it.
Have fun. Break it in. Then have even more fun.
Sponsored

Mfever

First Name
Vache
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 type R, Bmw E30, Bmw E46
Congratulations! Great pics! I also appreciate the 325is next to it.
Have fun. Break it in. Then have even more fun.
Thank you! This is mg first non-Bmwā€¦ love it! Donā€™t like anything new Bmw is putting out.

Definitely breaking it inā€¦ canā€™t wIt tohit 1k miles! Waiting to drive it after its PPF appointment!

hhkb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Thank you! This is mg first non-Bmwā€¦ love it! Donā€™t like anything new Bmw is putting out.

Definitely breaking it inā€¦ canā€™t wIt tohit 1k miles! Waiting to drive it after its PPF appointment!
I sold my G80 for a FL5. Many of my friends disapproved but Iā€™m following my gut.

Stan23

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 FL5, 2002 AP1 S2000
Hi Stan, Thanks for sharing. Just curious, which SF bay area dealership did you negotiate with for your FL5?
I ended up buying mine at Lodi Honda. I actually went to Walnut Creek Honda afterwards for parts and the guy said he would have matched the 4K over as well. Bay Area dealers are starting to play ball and I found 4-5 dealers with cars in stock. My OTD price was 55K, which is a bit much for a 'civic' i know, but the car enthusiast in me wants what it wants. I just wrote them a check, no financing.

Last edited:

watchmegrub

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 FL5
Just got mine on sunday, 2.5k over sticker at Galpin for a Championship whiteā€¦ they wouldnā€™t budge below thatā€¦ I spent about a month and a half working on them. Initially they started at 10k over sticker. I was at about 55k out the door.
Oh hey! I was the guy who DM'd you from FB haha.

bro, goodluck on your "the search"... i'll give you any information in the future once it's solid and can actually benefit you or others. good to know we in the same boat brotha! ^^
OP, there's hope! Just got mine for $1800 over and includes the pro pack goodies too like cargo tray, wheel locks etc. I think you just gotta stay firm and keep reminding places that you're ready to buy immediately once they get you the price you're looking for. I'm guessing places will be aggressive this weekend too as they near the end of the month. Glad my search is finally over! šŸ˜

OP
OP
dminus

dminus

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Clarity
Oh hey! I was the guy who DM'd you from FB haha.

OP, there's hope! Just got mine for $1800 over and includes the pro pack goodies too like cargo tray, wheel locks etc. I think you just gotta stay firm and keep reminding places that you're ready to buy immediately once they get you the price you're looking for. I'm guessing places will be aggressive this weekend too as they near the end of the month. Glad my search is finally over! šŸ˜
congratulations on your new type R! wow! that's amaze ballz...!!! if you dont mind me asking, which dealership did you go to? and would you recommend your sales rep? any detailed information will be so helpful. thank you!

watchmegrub

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 FL5
congratulations on your new type R! wow! that's amaze ballz...!!! if you dont mind me asking, which dealership did you go to? and would you recommend your sales rep? any detailed information will be so helpful. thank you!
Yeah np! It was with Lake Elsinore. They don't have any other ones available now though. Another white one was sold just before me, and I'm pretty sure they didn't get as good of a deal because the finance manager was shocked at the price I got. My sales rep was Raina and she was great. But it all comes down to if you get lucky with the sales manager. Some are more willing to move cars and some are trying to squeeze for the higher mark ups. I recommend reaching back out to all the other dealers that still have them on site right now and just reminding them that you're ready to buy if they can beat XXXXX price. And some of them don't ask for any proof (Even though I had it). Good luck dude!

OP
OP
dminus

dminus

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Clarity
Yeah np! It was with Lake Elsinore. They don't have any other ones available now though. Another white one was sold just before me, and I'm pretty sure they didn't get as good of a deal because the finance manager was shocked at the price I got. My sales rep was Raina and she was great. But it all comes down to if you get lucky with the sales manager. Some are more willing to move cars and some are trying to squeeze for the higher mark ups. I recommend reaching back out to all the other dealers that still have them on site right now and just reminding them that you're ready to buy if they can beat XXXXX price. And some of them don't ask for any proof (Even though I had it). Good luck dude!
thanks again so much! this information was imperative in my "the search" ... i really appreciate you opening up and sharing your experience. post some pics when you can, i'd love to see it! ^^

OP
OP
dminus

dminus

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Clarity
i just want to say to all the people who commented, shared, cared, i really do appreciate all of you. i really believe the thing that the car community is one where men and some women come to share experience and knowledge. to better each other is to better one self and eventually the world. it's awesome and warm to see all the help everyone was willing to offer. the world isn't going to shit yet, just look at some of the car communities around the world! drive safe ya'll and i'll update ya'll when i get the car!