• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Tokyotexan

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Evo 5, 2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS coupe
you can call it whatever you want but more than 10k a year isn't limited by any means.
And what makes you think the new CTR will be produced in similar numbers as the outgoing model?
Sponsored

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK8, 13 ISF, 95 K20 EG8, 98 ITR, 95 EG8, 23 FL5
Type r’s have never been crazy flashy, they’ve been just upgraded with aero pieces & mainly performance. Im glad they are back to the tame style, after the fk2 & fk8

Tokyotexan

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
because they like making profit? if it sold well last time, why wouldn't they make more? You think Apple suddenly decides to make less Iphones when there is a demand?
Well based off of what we know about production numbers in other countries, all signs point to the new CTR not being as "mass" produced as the previous gen.
And if you think Honda makes a ton of profit per each CTR sold, than I have a bridge in Brooklyn I would like to sell you.

fastSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type-R 2018 CW #13019,SI 2022 RR
Well based off of what we know about production numbers in other countries, all signs point to the new CTR not being as "mass" produced as the previous gen.
And if you think Honda makes a ton of profit per each CTR sold, than I have a bridge in Brooklyn I would like to sell you.
Exactly..Honda will produced less than half of the FK8 due to shortage and everything that happened since Covid and also they are going by priority...the new R is not a priority for Honda ..they are focusing on the new HRV and CRV ...

I think we are going to accept that it is going to be very limited

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
because they like making profit? if it sold well last time, why wouldn't they make more? You think Apple suddenly decides to make less Iphones when there is a demand?
you're delusional if you think this will be produced in similar numbers. in case you've missed it, almost everything is in a shortage. we cannot even get normal civic hatchbacks...what makes you think they'll produce 50k fl5's? lol

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Exactly..Honda will produced less than half of the FK8 due to shortage and everything that happened since Covid and also they are going by priority...the new R is not a priority for Honda ..they are focusing on the new HRV and CRV ...

I think we are going to accept that it is going to be very limited
correct! the type r is not what honda makes it's money on...it's the normal vehicles such as hrv's, crv's....those are where they make their money.

Tokyotexan

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
you're delusional if you think this will be produced in similar numbers. in case you've missed it, almost everything is in a shortage. we cannot even get normal civic hatchbacks...what makes you think they'll produce 50k fl5's? lol
This ^...
Sometimes you just can't fix stupid... Or in his case both stupidness and fan boy-itis.

ctrc2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model3
yes, Si has been completely removed from Canadian Honda site, most likely due to shortage. Briefly considered Si and was shocked to find out.
FL5 will be limited for sure.
Sponsored