• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Tire Sizing for 19" Wheels

18_CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Hey All,
Try not to roast me too much for this question, but im having a hard time finding real information. I'm going with a 19x9.5" et45 wheel package, with Swift lowering springs on my FL5, but want to run a wider tire than 265. Has anyone fit a 275 or 285 on their car with these wheel specs? I understand the appeal of the 18" wheel, but I feel the 19" looks better on the FL5. Anyone with experience? or is everyone just running the factory 265/30R19 tire size? For context, its a fair weather car for me, so i don't need to worry about weather in general.

I've searched as best i can through the wheel thread, and other online resources, but the info for 19" wheels seems to be scattered, and doesnt always include the tire size and details if the set up rubs or not. So i'm hoping to get some clarity here.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
If memory serves me correctly, @jayson415PR ran 275s, lowered, and on a similar offset with no reported rubbing. Send him a PM or search his old posts.

Shrapnel

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW 2024 Civic Type R #16838
If memory serves me correctly, @jayson415PR ran 275s, lowered, and on a similar offset with no reported rubbing. Send him a PM or search his old posts.
Do you happen to know if anyone has gone up to a 35 series tire on the stock rim? Seems like that would help fill in the wheel well better on stock springs while providing a little more of a compliant ride.

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
Do you happen to know if anyone has gone up to a 35 series tire on the stock rim? Seems like that would help fill in the wheel well better on stock springs while providing a little more of a compliant ride.
Not that I can recall. Hopefully some folks will chime in who have gone up in size.

惹Raizzelle

First Name
Raizzelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Honda Civic FL5 Type R
@18_CTR and @Shrapnel

Hey @katch922, How about upgrade your tires to 275/35/19? It looks good and will raise your front a little bit + will give a look that it is lowered as it closes the wheel gap.

“Decided to give APEX VS-5RS 19x9.5 +45 (Motorsports Gold) with 275/35/19 a try.

No rubs whatsoever on this setup. the car is not lowered yet. “

Here’s a pic for reference:
IMG_7043.jpeg
IMG_7044.jpeg
IMG_7042.jpeg
Hope it helps.

Please check the thread itself I also posted pics with it being lowered.

PS: as per his last post no concern with it being lowered.

11th Gen Honda Civic Tire Sizing for 19" Wheels IMG_7466

Last edited:

OP
OP

18_CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
In my searches ive seen a couple of posts from people who have done that with stock suspension. however again, not a lot of detail about rubbing concerns or the tire they used.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
I have been running 275/30/19 contis for 8k miles no issues.