• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

TSP - Cerakoted Valve Cover

TR3BLE

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R (FL5)
Spoon was out of stock with no ETA 😞

Had to give Corey and the Team at Two Step Performance a go with their cerakoted valve cover to match the 🥄🐌

Sponsored

ThanksGTA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Watched the vid... it doesn't look like Two Step's version masks off any of the holes so I'm assuming the threads all have cerakote in them. That is one nice thing about Spoon's version, you can see they took much more time in prepping the valve cover before paint.

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Watched the vid... it doesn't look like Two Step's version masks off any of the holes so I'm assuming the threads all have cerakote in them. That is one nice thing about Spoon's version, you can see they took much more time in prepping the valve cover before paint.
These go through quite a bit of prep before coating. On the bronze cover I have on my car the threads are not coated. However, as thin as the Cerakote product is, I don't think it would matter regardless. The Spoon covers are certainly nice and well sell those as well but we are happy to offer an option that is both more price efficient and with shorter lead times.

https://www.twostepperformance.com/products/tsp-valve-covers-for-2017-honda-2-0t

https://www.twostepperformance.com/products/tsp-valve-covers-for-2022-honda-civic-1-5t

Savannah@TSP

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
'23 Si, ‘20 FC4 (sold)
That may be so, but it doesn't really show. It looks like literally nothing was masked (bolt holes, hose connectors, etc).
As Corey stated previously, the cerakote finish is thin. So, it will not matter when it comes to installing the valve cover bolts. As for the hose connectors, it is also fine as it’s very durable and will not flake or chip off when reinstalling the hose(s).

Again, this is a more budget friendly option with significantly lower lead times than Spoon, who currently offers no ETA. We are very confident in the coating and run both of our valve covers (K20 & L15) on our cars.

thosport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Integra Type-S
That may be so, but it doesn't really show. It looks like literally nothing was masked (bolt holes, hose connectors, etc).
TSP isn’t lying- Cerakote is waay thinner than powdercoat. It will no real effect on tolerances and the unmasked areas are invisible. What weird thing to be concerned about.

Last edited:

ThanksGTA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
What weird thing to be concerned about.
And where did I say I was concerned about it? It was a simple observation after yesterday when two forum members made posts about each valve cover.

One looks professionally done and one looks like no care was taken to prep it.
Sponsored