• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Type R/ITS vs Lexus IS500

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
2025 IS finally gets a redesign. IS chassi hasn't seen an update in 15 years.
Sponsored

RP2000R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 CTR, 21 Porsche Cayman GT4, 15 Lexus IS350 RWD
I have owned a 20 RCF Track Edition and also currently own a 15 IS350 Rwd since new. Lexus makes great cars, great paint quality and never had a issue with either of them. The 15 still doesn’t have any real rattles in the car and pretty much looks new inside and out.

The transmissions are very laggy and boring to drive. These cars are GT cars at best neither had much of a sporty feeling and the RCF was super bouncy more then the FL5.

If you want a sporty fun car to drive I would say go FL5. The resale on the R will also be better then Lexus.
I had a very hard time selling my Track Edition and some dealers were offering $30k under what I paid after 5500 miles and I got lucky and sold it for 89k. Buying dealer sat on the car for almost two years then sent to auction.

Fanatic

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Civic Type R and many more...
I have owned a 20 RCF Track Edition and also currently own a 15 IS350 Rwd since new. Lexus makes great cars, great paint quality and never had a issue with either of them. The 15 still doesn’t have any real rattles in the car and pretty much looks new inside and out.

The transmissions are very laggy and boring to drive. These cars are GT cars at best neither had much of a sporty feeling and the RCF was super bouncy more then the FL5.

If you want a sporty fun car to drive I would say go FL5. The resale on the R will also be better then Lexus.
I had a very hard time selling my Track Edition and some dealers were offering $30k under what I paid after 5500 miles and I got lucky and sold it for 89k. Buying dealer sat on the car for almost two years then sent to auction.
I was thinking of picking up a RCF track edition but I guess I may hold off after your feedback.

RP2000R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 CTR, 21 Porsche Cayman GT4, 15 Lexus IS350 RWD
If you can get one in the 70k range it may be would be worth it but a 100k Lexus is insane to me after owning it... The build quality and carbon parts are the best I have seen on a factory car. Make sure and test drive before you buy it may help your decision.

Tons of power but very laggy and jerky trans combined with a super bouncy and harsh ride wasn’t what I wanted in my fun car. Seemed like more of a drift car then track car.

I traded it for a GT4 which is the sports car feel I was after but if I would’ve test drove/avoided that purchase I could’ve been in my dream car a GT3 but the market took off and it was out of my range. Lesson learned the hard way for me.