• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Vent rattles

squish72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 ss camaro and soon 22 hatchback civic
Does anyone else have rattles on the driver and passenger vents? The ones closest to the doors. If I touch the knob that turns on and off the vent flow it will stop. Sometimes turning the vent off stops it, other times it does nothing. Driver side does it more often than the passenger side.

Took me a long time to figure out thats where it was coming from as it sounded lower in the dash and behind the lower panel.

I've had my car since new years and have taken it on a few trips. Currently have 5000miles on it. The easy answer is take it to a dealership but in my situation I'm a 4hr drive away from a dealership.
Sponsored

maracuch0

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Hatchback ST
I do not have rattles on the vents but on the A Pillar area. It gets annoying sometimes but it does not rattle always... Really do not feel like taking my car to dealer for such small thing to waste couple hours there.

DYI01

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si, 2019 Nissan Titan, 2017 Yamaha FZ10
I get a resonance buzzing when accelerating between 3-4k rpm. I can't really pinpoint the location but its coming from somewhere around the passenger side dash area. I'll try the vents and pillar when I have the wifey in the car next.

OP
OP
squish72

squish72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 ss camaro and soon 22 hatchback civic
I also have the seat belt adjuster rattle and the infotainment screen one. Just haven't had time to pull the screen off to put the felt under it yet.

FiveOsi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si, 2021 4runner
I get a resonance buzzing when accelerating between 3-4k rpm. I can't really pinpoint the location but its coming from somewhere around the passenger side dash area. I'll try the vents and pillar when I have the wifey in the car next.

I have this exact rattle/buzz at those rpms in that area, I have also developed one around the OBDii port area as well as the drivers side seatbelt. Now I know that this is not some top of the line sports car but 3 rattles with under 2k miles is extremely annoying. If there is one thing that drives me crazy, its rattles, it makes any car feel cheap and poorly made. I expect it when older/higher miles.

maracuch0

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Hatchback ST
Ugh just did a 300 mile road trip and driving around 60-70mph the passenger side there's an annoying rattle. Don't know exactly where it's coming from.

Nicole M. Cerda

First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota RAV4
My husband also has this problem. It seems to be a trifle, but very annoying.

type r fanatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Type R - Sonic Gray Pearl
I realize this is an older post, but ive had a rattle on the driver side air vent since I bought my car in May. Sometimes closing the vent will fix it and sometimes it doesnt.

I finally got around to ripping apart the interior, and I think I may have located and fixed the rattle. It is coming from the little flapper that opens and closes the airflow, and where it slots into the side of the housing of the duct. Its a loose plastic on plastic fitting and I think its where the rattle is coming from.

I removed the "flapper", put a piece of electrical tape inside the duct over the hole, and then reinstalled the flapper and it punched through the tape, essentially putting a layer of tape inside the hole which should sit between the two pieces of plastic and stop the rattle.

If that doesnt make any sense hopefully the pictures make it clear..

11th Gen Honda Civic Vent rattles IMG_3747.JPG
11th Gen Honda Civic Vent rattles IMG_3748
11th Gen Honda Civic Vent rattles IMG_3749
Sponsored