• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatchback
It's an interesting video. The Honda designers (I believe) discuss their philosophy behind the new Civic hatchback. The mention the Japanese word: Sokai - meaning refreshing or exhilarating experience. One of the designers said they wanted to create a "visually noiseless and frictionless Civic." I take that as a subtle reference to the polarizing 10th gen design. But it's good insight of what Honda was trying to achieve here. This also makes me think they put more emphasis on the hatchback than the sedan.

Sponsored

hoodlum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn Astra
This video reminds me of the marketing that Mazda has been doing for the past few years. I saw many of the same comments/philosophies in this video from the Mazda3 introduction in 2018.

Tony503

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Mazda3 Turbo, 13 FR-S, 03 RSX Type S
Nice find! For anybody who didn't watch the video all the way to the end, Civic e:HEV and Type R are listed as coming next year (at least in Japan)

Saywhaat04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
11th Gen Honda Civic Video: Honda designers explain the new Civic hatchback Screenshot_20210626-195658_Chrome

11th Gen Honda Civic Video: Honda designers explain the new Civic hatchback Screenshot_20210626-195630_Chrome

Its a shame we dont get the Civic HATCH in the Red Color shown in the video...its call Premium Red I think. I love this color. Looks way way better and more premium than Rally Red. Maybe Smokey Mauve will be close?

CastorX

First Name
Balázs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5 Turbo Sport Plus
I didn't watch the video but I can explain it in a different way:

"We hated the gaudy American designed 10th gen hatch and decided to tone things down... A LOT".
I thought Daisuke Tsutamori designed the hatch. At least he was the lead.

Shibboleth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Murano, Looking at 2021 Civic Ex
I haven't watched it but did he explain where I can put my Febreze car air-freshener?

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
It's possible. I do know the 10th gen sedan and coupe were designed in North America but maybe you're correct that the hatch wasn't.
Even if the hatch was designed elsewhere they probably were constrained by the sedan design. I love the 10th gen Sport hatch design. I like it even better than the Type R.

Res0zsfa

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 type r
It's possible. I do know the 10th gen sedan and coupe were designed in North America but maybe you're correct that the hatch wasn't.
It’s true. The 10th gen hatchback was from a Japanese designer
Sponsored