• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Wanted an Si, getting an Integra; thoughts vs GR86.

trucke

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR; 2022 Civic Si; 87 Corolla FX16 GT-S
Congratulations on the Integra! You will love it as a daily.

I have a 2022 Si and a 2019 CTR. The Si is way better for a daily driver for many reasons. My CTR is my autocross toy. The CTR has great seats, but they take more effort to get in and out. The CTR is way faster, enough to get me in trouble if I drove it everyday. The Si handles well, is fast enough, and comfortable enough. The Si sips fuel too!
Sponsored

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Another reason I'm going back to an Si for the first time since 2016. Compared to this WRX the Si is like a hybrid on gas mileage. Plus I can get about the same power with a tune and some bolt ons.

OP
OP
evanescent03

evanescent03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ITS, C8 Z06; great pairing
Congratulations on the Integra! You will love it as a daily.

I have a 2022 Si and a 2019 CTR. The Si is way better for a daily driver for many reasons. My CTR is my autocross toy. The CTR has great seats, but they take more effort to get in and out. The CTR is way faster, enough to get me in trouble if I drove it everyday. The Si handles well, is fast enough, and comfortable enough. The Si sips fuel too!
CTR is definitely a bit more performance oriented rather than comfort .. excited to drive a new one to see how it is. I asked to be on the Type-S waitlist because i'm pretty sure i'll be interested once that's available. The Si was soooo good on fuel. Small tank meant still somewhat frequent trips but it was so much cheaper per fillup than I've been used to for the most part. Not a huge financial impact when you really think about it, but it's definitely a psychological impact and feels good to have such an efficient vehicle that's still so fun!

OP
OP
evanescent03

evanescent03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ITS, C8 Z06; great pairing
Another reason I'm going back to an Si for the first time since 2016. Compared to this WRX the Si is like a hybrid on gas mileage. Plus I can get about the same power with a tune and some bolt ons.
Considered a WRX .. they're available-ish and at MSRP but they just don't seem to have improved much at all since the era when i had my STi in '09. and the plastic cladding isn't a good look. Pass.