• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

administrator

Administrator
First Name
Admin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Build Thread
Link
The 2023 Civic Type R has just debuted at the Tokyo Auto Salon and Honda has released this new video showing the prototype Type R testing at the Suzuka Circuit.

You can expect it to use the same turbo 2.0L four-cylinder engine as the current Type R, but with tweaks should help it top the current 306 horsepower and 295 pound-feet of torque. Honda has confirmed that a 6 speed manual transmission will remain standard.

The new Civic Type R will arrive by the end of the year and make its full debut soon.

11th Gen Honda Civic ? Watch the 2023 Civic Type R rip on the Suzuka Circuit as it debuts at Tokyo Auto Salon 942146
11th Gen Honda Civic ? Watch the 2023 Civic Type R rip on the Suzuka Circuit as it debuts at Tokyo Auto Salon 942147
11th Gen Honda Civic ? Watch the 2023 Civic Type R rip on the Suzuka Circuit as it debuts at Tokyo Auto Salon 942089
Sponsored

Last edited:

HawaiiPunch

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Elantra N
Nice to see… something. Hoped for a little more something, but at the same time pretty much expected this lol.

Jwolf

I Think I'm Fast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86, '19 CTR, Some other stuff
Who’s ready for the rush for front bumper swaps?? ??
This already looks better than the Si at least.

Maybe we can expect something really nice from J's.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Nothing new to see. Japanese car makes sure like to drag their reveals. Didn't they learn from the NSX and Supra? they kept teasing and giving us no info and by the time the car came out noone cared.

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X2 M35i
Nothing new to see. Japanese car makes sure like to drag their reveals. Didn't they learn from the NSX and Supra? they kept teasing and giving us no info and by the time the car came out noone cared.
It was known that Honda was going to reveal it at Tokyo. They stated in the press release when they announced that it was going to the Tokyo Auto Show that it would still be wrapped. Automakers don’t reveal cars until they are at the final stages. Full reveal should be in late spring early Summer.

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X2 M35i
Personally still love the way it looks. I’m glad that wing is production. It suits it better then the current 10th Gen Type R style.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
It was known that Honda was going to reveal it at Tokyo. They stated in the press release when they announced that it was going to the Tokyo Auto Show that it would still be wrapped. Automakers don’t reveal cars until they are at the final stages. Full reveal should be in late spring early Summer.
yeh with a camo

turbomike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Honda Canda - West, the track, not in your DMs
Vehicle(s)
23 FL5 CTR, 22 MDX-S, 20 FK8 CTR
If that's the case then guessing we're seeing deliveries in mid fall/early winter? I beleive it's 90 days for a factory order, according to the 6 Si's that I was tracking (for work purposes)

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
if you read the press release, they're not showing anything new.

All-New Honda Civic Type R Arrives at Tokyo Auto Salon (hondanews.com)

" Fresh from testing at the Suzuka Circuit, the all-new Honda Civic Type R made its first public appearance in prototype at the Tokyo Auto Salon, Japan's premiere high-performance and custom car show. Wearing a special camouflage designed exclusively for Type R, "

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X2 M35i
if you read the press release, they're not showing anything new.

All-New Honda Civic Type R Arrives at Tokyo Auto Salon (hondanews.com)

" Fresh from testing at the Suzuka Circuit, the all-new Honda Civic Type R made its first public appearance in prototype at the Tokyo Auto Salon, Japan's premiere high-performance and custom car show. Wearing a special camouflage designed exclusively for Type R, "
I did read the press release. I knew it was only being camouflaged and a “prototype”

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X2 M35i
If that's the case then guessing we're seeing deliveries in mid fall/early winter? I beleive it's 90 days for a factory order, according to the 6 Si's that I was tracking (for work purposes)
I believe so. One dealership posted a photo of the Product cadence here and it showed that 1st. HRV, 2nd CRV, 3rd CTR, 4th Pilot, 5th Accord. With HRV being unveiled before Winter ends. Early Spring would be CRV then logically CTR late Spring/early Summer which makes sense.

Saywhaat04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
I believe so. One dealership posted a photo of the Product cadence here and it showed that 1st. HRV, 2nd CRV, 3rd CTR, 4th Pilot, 5th Accord. With HRV being unveiled before Winter ends. Early Spring would be CRV then logically CTR late Spring/early Summer which makes sense.
That's gonna be a ton of stuff soon. I'm kinda excited about all of them...especially the Accord. I wonder if its gonna be 2023 or 2024.

NorthernLaw

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type-R Boost Blue
Nice to see… something. Hoped for a little more something, but at the same time pretty much expected this lol.
Same exactly, wished for way more, didn't get my hopes up though and expected this, sad, maybe soon we will get it surely
Sponsored