• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

jayevo23

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW CTR
Wouldn't be a very good look to release the 11th gen version of the sportcompact king that performs worse than the previous gen.
as long as it’s not too far from the previous gen it should be fine. I can’t imagine it wouldn’t at least handle better if it isn’t faster around a track. People will buy it for the simple fact it’s more subdued than the 10th gen.
Sponsored

us722

First Name
mu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
e46 m3, van
I've had my Type R for 2 years. Don't see myself getting another powerful car that's front wheel drive. Previously had WRX an 4Motion VW.
This right here summarized it well. I test drove a 10th gen CTR in summer and loved the dynamics, practicality and looks. It was awesome but it lacked the dual personality of a RWD platform (eg M3 that is a daily or a beast). A few months later, I drove CTR with some rain/ snow and even with proper tires it was absolutely horrendous - it was no longer fun and worse than a RWD car (no drifting).
My conclusion was that if your climate requires 4 season fun or you want more power, CTR (FWD mainly) fails and Fiesta ST is a better car at 1/4 the price.
I ended up getting a used Evo and now waiting to see what Corolla does with GR. If it’s anything in between GTI Golf R or CTR and offers AWD - it’ll be a dream come true.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Unless you hop in to the 70k mark, I just doesn't see a appealing rwd/awd car. New M2/RS3 will certainly be over 70k. Yeh, FWD is a limitation certain situations but I think the driver engagement is well worth it.

turbomike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Honda Canda - West, the track, not in your DMs
Vehicle(s)
23 FL5 CTR, 22 MDX-S, 20 FK8 CTR
waiting to see what Corolla does with GR. If it’s anything in between GTI Golf R or CTR and offers AWD - it’ll be a dream come true.
The Corolla is a GR Sport so not a full on GR car. Toyota is testing to compete against the GTI and Si unless they dropped 300-320hp then it will compete against the R and CTR

I love the GR Yaris and wish it came to NA but now would have to wait 15 years to import it

A few months later, I drove CTR with some rain/ snow and even with proper tires it was absolutely horrendous - it was no longer fun and worse than a RWD car (no drifting).
My conclusion was that if your climate requires 4 season fun or you want more power, CTR (FWD mainly) fails
To back track on this statement, yes the CTR doesn't do well in winter especially in Alberta. Doesn't matter if you drop a set of X-Ice or WS90, you need to add more weight or be prepared for your VSA light to go off

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CTR(Sold), 19 TLX, 21 Veloster N
The Corolla is a GR Sport so not a full on GR car. Toyota is testing to compete against the GTI and Si unless they dropped 300-320hp then it will compete against the R and CTR
It is indeed a full on GR car. It's just not as extreme as the GR Yaris.
GR Sport doesn't come with actual performance upgrades.

But I agree that it will be positioned more like the GTI than the R.

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Honda Acty
Or just buy the parts for teh mid gen refresh? The FK8 only had the fog garnish that was changed and I know they're dirt cheap

That's what I'm going to do if I don't slap on an aftermarket bumper

The mid cycle got suspension and brake upgrades as well.
Sponsored