• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

pawnstar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR
I used to have a FK8,but I switched to an M2 (normal, not a comp) and I have to say that overall the M2 is a better car. The FK8 has some serious flaws that makes it really annoying:

1. FWD just limits acceleration grip in all everyday situations. The car never felt fast to me because in normal speeds (up to like 4:th gear) it just spins up it wheels! (Mine was tuned) The M2 with is RWD just hooks up and you can make quick accelerations from dead stops or to pass cars without loosing grip.

2. The engine is very laggy, if you are in 2:nd gear at like 3000rpm and floor the pedal, you don’t even get max boost until you run out of revs and have to shift, and then it starts all over again. This engine needs a DSG toget rid of all the lag.

3. The sound the engine makes is just bad, there is no joy in listening to it. On the m2 just hearing the engine rev match as you shift down is amazing!

Now the new CTR looks much better than the FK8 that is positive, and it comes with very wide tires stock, good for track! I am just hoping that they fixed at least the engine sound, this would make the car appeal more to me, but I don’t see myself swapping out an m2 for this right now at least.
I would hope the M2 is a better car. It's what $20k more?
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack
I would hope the M2 is a better car. It's what $20k more?
That's the thing. The term "better" can be coined to anything nowadays. But what is the criteria?

The M2 is faster at 400 hp, has the badge, big massive brakes front/rear, good looking (to most I suppose), refined, surprisingly roomy and practical as a daily, and full of gadgetry and power options. There's really not much to complain about on paper, which is why I bought it. Unfortunately, it's also quite heavy in the corners, somewhat floaty on the straights, and definitely less nimble/communicative than its predecessors. Some love it and I can understand why. It really comes down to what your reference point is. If you value the M's from 20 years ago, you probably won't like the M2. If you value an S2K for what it is, the M2 would feel like a bus. I believe Honda/Toyota sports cars today are where BMW was 15-20 years ago and that's a good thing. A perfect blend of great driver feedback and reward.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
That's the thing. The term "better" can be coined to anything nowadays. But what is the criteria?

The M2 is faster at 400 hp, has the badge, big massive brakes front/rear, good looking (to most I suppose), refined, surprisingly roomy and practical as a daily, and full of gadgetry and power options. There's really not much to complain about on paper, which is why I bought it. Unfortunately, it's also quite heavy in the corners, somewhat floaty on the straights, and definitely less nimble/communicative than its predecessors. Some love it and I can understand why. It really comes down to what your reference point is. If you value the M's from 20 years ago, you probably won't like the M2. If you value an S2K for what it is, the M2 would feel like a bus. I believe Honda/Toyota sports cars today are where BMW was 15-20 years ago and that's a good thing. A perfect blend of great driver feedback and reward.
Completely numb steering is what im hearing on the new M’s but very fast using zf transmission.

SwiftTone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si
I think it has "flat foot shifting" feature where you just hold the throttle open between shifts to keep the boost going

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R
I think it has "flat foot shifting" feature where you just hold the throttle open between shifts to keep the boost going
Is that the same as 'no lift shift'?

notthatlargo

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Yes, someone mentioned that the driver was not lifting when shifting.

Hondata has this feature in their tune. Maybe it's an OEM feature for the type r
Interesting, I didn't notice it in the video at first but now re-watching, it does seem like the driver isn't lifting. I think a lot of the newer manual cars, including the Blackwing Cadillacs and the new Nissan Z, have no lift shift when you're under heavy acceleration, so it makes sense that Honda would look to do something similar. As far I know, the computer basically manages all the timing/ignition so you can just keep your foot planted.
Sponsored