• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

What color did you want vs what color you ended up with?

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
@two24studios CW is definitely a light cream color and not a pure/neutral white. I need to read up on it because this thread makes me curious about its origin and history.šŸ¤“

Initially I thought I wanted SGP, but am really glad I got CW. Itā€™s the FL5ā€™s only unique color and my Si sedan (owned previously for 13 years) was also white. That car was pretty special to me, so Iā€™m happy to keep the white paint + Honda performance lineage in tact. Sometimes things just work out as they should. šŸ™‚

The color that really makes me stare is probably RR. Itā€™s a lot of red, but boyā€¦it looks great on the FL5.
Sponsored

spectre186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Camry, 23 Civic Type R
I wanted CW but found a deal on BB, so I went with it. The BB really pops in person. Iā€™m not gonna lie, itā€™s pretty bright for my taste. But being in the drivers seat and seeing that blue hood, Iā€™m in my happy place!

RacingManiac

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CW CTR R-12374
If I could order one I wanted a Rallye Red. But one I found is a CW and I don't hate it so I took it. I think only one I'd skip is the Black because I really don't like having a black car. I also am not big on Boost Blue mainly because I just like the darker Aegean Blue I had for FK8...

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Yeah, I love black and think itā€™s the best color for like 80% of vehicles. My first car was black. It was also my last black car. I learnt quickly! šŸ¤£

1971Camaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru crosstrek
3rd day of August 2022,, my dealer didn't even know if the colors were able to be specified or not... but i love silver and taupe and grays in general... followed by Black (altho in the hot summer sun, black is normally brutal).

I was afraid the blue would stand out too much for safety, and around here, red could be a police target...also, it seemed just too much red -- red seats, badges, brakes...everything but the wing -- which *receded* in black. If i were looking for the car to stand out and had gotten a red, i would have color-matched it for sure. I love the BB wing color matches i've seen on here -- so cool. Also, when looking at the colors online, the SGP sorta had a primer look to it -- as if it hasn't yet been painted.

Regardless, the talk on this board made it clear that there would probably be no choice at all -- take what you get. ...and, by month 4 of waiting, i concluded i would take mismatched panels...as long as it arrived and the money deal stuck.

The car that arrived was CBP. Looked so badass in person! Dealer made it even more appealing: FREE car washes any time. Plus, every time i see the car in reflected light -- esp at night -- it's even more impressive.

My advice... figure out as best you can if money or color is more important to YOU. Which would be harder to live with... paying more than you wanted, or having a car in a color that you don't like that much? That's the way to know.
The interior and driving Experience resolve everything else,

Last edited:

RacingManiac

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CW CTR R-12374
Yeah, I love black and think itā€™s the best color for like 80% of vehicles. My first car was black. It was also my last black car. I learnt quickly! šŸ¤£
Yep, Black car looks money when its clean, for like 20 sec.....my first GTI was black....then no more....lol

Dart

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
Hello everyone,
During the process of buying my FL5 Type R I wanted to buy a Rallye Red one but ended up with a Sonic Grey Pearl because it was a good deal and was relatively close to where I live. Out of curiosity what color did you want and which one did you end up with? I find this topic interesting and Iā€™m sure most of you are on the same boat I am! I now have had mine for 6 months and driven it 4,000 miles.
I also wanted a Red one to replace the FK8 that I was driving which was red. Had 55,000 miles on the old one and I was the first on the list to get the FL5. Black came in and I took it. So glad I did, picked it up in early March and the second person on the list hasn't gotten their car yet. One thing I liked about the Black is having the wing, mirrors, matching which I had planned to do with the red one. Always thought the black was the best looking but the R is driven year round and is my daily driver, red ages much better in Wi. than black does. Love the new FL5, very refined better built nice car but in all honesty I grew up on bikes during the 70's and 80's and in my opinion the FK8 was a better fit for me, felt more like a bike powerband while playing with it. The FL5 looks appeal to me and the car overall handles better than the FK8 but overall wish I had kept the FK8 and just bought the FL5 outright.

Bullitt44

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CTR, Porsche 911 GT3 and GT4RS
Champ white was my focus, and luckily I got it. I like the fact that the CW is only available on type R variants. Classic look.

Fanatic

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Civic Type R and many more...
I wanted white initially but ended up with Boost Blue on my first one, and then Sonic Gray on my second one. Both are very exciting and unique colors. No regrets. Red interior usually goes best with white or black exterior, but for some reason the red interior works very well with almost all exterior color options on the Type R...

Thanks for creating this thread @Hot Hatch Hero

AWR1997

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FL5 Civic Type R R-00154 (deceased)
If I was looking at OEM colors, Boost Blue and Championship White would have been my #1 choices. However, if I could have picked any paint color, it would have to be the Lexus ā€˜Atomic Silverā€™ color. I love a good silver with extra depth to the contrast. If I didnā€™t have PPF, I would have wrapped my car a similar color.

AtmosFearik

First Name
FV
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'23 Type R, Gen 1 Audi R8 V10 Manual, E46 M3 6MT
Championship White was always the first choice but Sonic Gray Pearl was a close second. Passed on a CW out of state for SGP we found locally for a great deal. Absolutely no regrets. The red seats contrast well with SGP. My wife and I are both older, so having a a neutral-colored Type R flies just enough under the radar. We almost went with Boost Blue! Love the color but it's just a little too loud for my tastes.

MoodySara

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R; 2024 Honda Civic Touring
A local dealer had a CW and a BB in stock. I went there expecting to like the CW better because I didn't like the older Aegean Blue.
When I saw the CW and BB side-by-side, I took the BB.

Yayo

First Name
Hermann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 MY23
December 1, 2022. Only 19 units available (4 white) for my entire country. In a few hours all sold. We had to choose the first color (white, the one I wanted) and the second color (red) and deposit at least 6.000 euros immediately. Delivery in early 2023, finally January 19.

Gillie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CBP FL5
It was only white or black for me. Local dealer had black so that's what I ended up with.

Kash338

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
Wanted SGP and got SGP! Didn't really want any other color outside of red.
Sponsored