• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

OP
OP
Icehawk

Icehawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR #3177
Edit: 1 more question: did you lower your car or is the smaller wheel gap from the larger 265/40R18 tires?

Thank you!
The tire is about 1.1" taller so the gap will be closed by half that, it visually will appear like a .55" drop while actually raising the car's height by that much. I found that double "benefit" to be useful on my last Miata that didn't have fully adjustable suspension height, looks better and gave better clearance over low stuff.

Finally got one of my titanium knobs installed "correctly" and moved the OEM one over to my wife's Si. Same style as OEM but about .5"cm or so shorter. I'd still love to get a red collar in there without it being wonky or costing me a 2nd boot but I'll deal with it after I get my other shift knob working in the car - I need a quick lathe job and the first couple places I tried were a no-go.

11th Gen Honda Civic What did you do to your FL5 today? IMG_3841
Sponsored

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
Thank you sir!
You're welcome. It may be helpful to level set expectations. The part titled, "Center Console Carbon Fiber" is a bit of a misnomer as it's NOT a center console, it's a center console overlay. That's an important distinction to make because nowhere in the product description does it state that. The same is true for the part titled, "Carbon Fiber Interior Door Panel". These are not replacement door panel pieces, they are overlays. See the below photos.
11th Gen Honda Civic What did you do to your FL5 today? IMG-20230503-WA0001
11th Gen Honda Civic What did you do to your FL5 today? 20230603_094500

Jcruz87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
You're welcome. It may be helpful to level set expectations. The part titled, "Center Console Carbon Fiber" is a bit of a misnomer as it's NOT a center console, it's a center console overlay. That's an important distinction to make because nowhere in the product description does it state that. The same is true for the part titled, "Carbon Fiber Interior Door Panel". These are not replacement door panel pieces, they are overlays. See the below photos.
IMG-20230503-WA0001.jpg
20230603_094500.jpg
Thank you for the heads up!

s2kdriver80

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
I installed the interior CF package in the FK8, and if the official install procedures are similar for the FL5 (mask off, alcohol wipe, adhesive promoter wipe, stick on, and lastly remove masking tape), then I recommend removing the masking tape before sticking on the CF overlay, so you can better see where you're placing the piece, relative to the surrounding areas. The masking tape is only to prevent the promoter from getting on those surrounding areas.

Jcruz87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
I would imagine that it wouldn't be extremely difficult for a company to make a full replacement piece.

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
I would imagine that it wouldn't be extremely difficult for a company to make a full replacement piece.
Not sure what you'd gain from that other than a negligible amount more material and tabs that are susceptible to breaking. Once installed, if you didn't know it was an overlay you'd be none the wiser. It sits completely flush and you cannot see any of the faux aluminum console anywhere.

MrB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda S2000, Nissan Skyline R33 GTR
I'm so close to pulling the trigger on the carbon pack...

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
I'm so close to pulling the trigger on the carbon pack...
I've heard that term a few times in the UK thread. What exactly is the carbon pack and what is the cost?

Village911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 #839

MrB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda S2000, Nissan Skyline R33 GTR
I've heard that term a few times in the UK thread. What exactly is the carbon pack and what is the cost?
It's the carbon wing, centre console and sill plates, I think it's just over £3,000.