• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Bonito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
As far as I know you can't buy the retainer w/o the boot, you'll need to use an aftermarket one. I'd love to be wrong, if anyone knows a part # for the red version it would make me super happy.
This is correct I believe. Thankfully Overland sells the boot with mount and retainer so if you mess up the original retainer removal you’re still good.

The boot looks so much better than the stock pleather. Alcantara quality seems great too.

11th Gen Honda Civic What did you do to your FL5 today? IMG_4222
Sponsored

OP
OP
Icehawk

Icehawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR #3177
It's actual Alcantara - and yes, way nicer than that cheapo junk Honda used. It's one of the few misses IMO and easily rectifiable.

Bonito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
It's actual Alcantara - and yes, way nicer than that cheapo junk Honda used. It's one of the few misses IMO and easily rectifiable.
Now to figure out if I want to replace my knob for something a little lower profile.

urbo73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
Now to figure out if I want to replace my knob for something a little lower profile.
I did the same mod today as you and couldn’t be happier. I put the knob as low as possible, and I like it like that. Did you also put it as low as possible, just above the nut?

s2kdriver80

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
Finally installed my Blackvue DR970X dashcam earlier this week! Definitely recommend it to everyone.
IMG_1379.jpeg
I have the DR900X-2CH on mine and I find it useful, especially the parking mode/cloud functionality. I recommend the Blendmount for the front cam if they finally have one for the FL5.

Scottyy

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
I have the DR900X-2CH on mine and I find it useful, especially the parking mode/cloud functionality. I recommend the Blendmount for the front cam if they finally have one for the FL5.
I will have to agree! I have yet to setup the rear view camera, I was 80% there but didn’t have a long enough wire to snake the cable through… will wait for the blendmount!

s2kdriver80

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I will have to agree! I have yet to setup the rear view camera, I was 80% there but didn’t have a long enough wire to snake the cable through… will wait for the blendmount!
Was the long cable that was included not long enough for the FL5? I was able to route the included cable in the FK8, from the front cam all the way along the top headliner of the driver side, to the top of the hatch glass with slack to spare.

Yea definitely a fan of the Blendmount, as the provided adhesive could fail in hot weather. Just looked on the site, think it is available... assuming the right one is the mirror setup on the FL5? Stock FL5 mirror doesn't have autodimming, but the attachment might be the same?

11th Gen Honda Civic What did you do to your FL5 today? 1685580872121

Scottyy

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
Was the long cable that was included not long enough for the FL5? I was able to route the included cable in the FK8, from the front cam all the way along the top headliner of the driver side, to the top of the hatch glass with slack to spare.

Yea definitely a fan of the Blendmount, as the provided adhesive could fail in hot weather. Just looked on the site, think it is available... assuming the right one is the mirror setup on the FL5? Stock FL5 mirror doesn't have autodimming, but the attachment might be the same?

1685580872121.png
The rear camera cable is long enough to go through the passenger side top trim, just a little tricky to snake the cables through the plastic rear hatch piece…

Also, good find! i’ll look into it, I was mostly in a rush to put a dashcam on, I don’t really trust people on the road..

s2kdriver80

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
The rear camera cable is long enough to go through the passenger side top trim, just a little tricky to snake the cables through the plastic rear hatch piece…

Also, good find! i’ll look into it, I was mostly in a rush to put a dashcam on, I don’t really trust people on the road..
Yea, don't quite remember exactly how my tech did it, but it seems like it just required finesse and patience to get it through that tube.

If you go with the Blendmount, verify your mirror/stem looks like the one in that pic and also contact them to confirm it will fit on the FL5 mirror.

OsosikMedia

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si, 2017 Civic SI x2
This is correct I believe. Thankfully Overland sells the boot with mount and retainer so if you mess up the original retainer removal you’re still good.

The boot looks so much better than the stock pleather. Alcantara quality seems great too.

IMG_4222.jpeg
Looks good!

Skrish78

First Name
Shank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R FL5
New look on my champ, 265/40/18 with EC-7 really rides good 🤩 I ain't afraid of potholes no mo. Now at famous Johnsons in Torrance to get the right alignment for this set up (I did rigid collars too).
20230504_080331.jpg
20230504_080341.jpg
20230504_080348.jpg
I’ve been thinking of 265/40/18 for less road noise and ride comfort. Does it throw speedometer error, does it loose traction?
Plz share your experience and would you recommend it?

OP
OP
Icehawk

Icehawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR #3177
does it throw speedometer error
The tire circumference difference is 4.3%, you will need to take that into account when calculating your actual speed. The car will not throw an error or code.

65mph indicated will be an actual 67.8, for example. IME, not a big deal since it's within a few mph of any reasonable speed. If you are concerned about tickets make sure to drive 2-3mph slower (indicated) than your desired speed.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Range anxiety... For EV and FL5.

11th Gen Honda Civic What did you do to your FL5 today? 20230602_150807

OP
OP
Icehawk

Icehawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR #3177
I hear you, the tank size is kinda ridiculous for a car that sees 18-22mpg. Fresh fill-up and it tells me I have 200 miles of range.
Sponsored