Sponsored

AspecR

Senior Member
First Name
Stefan
Joined
Aug 23, 2022
Threads
14
Messages
2,384
Reaction score
3,772
Location
Florida
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
@SpoolinFK8 congrats man! Hey, I just got done my build and I stopped my max power output around that mark too. I know for me, I wanted longevity out of the engine and more over the clutch. Just curious if that is what your tuner did as well. Have you noticed any issues with your clutch after your latest dyno tuning session? Any odd smells at the dyno? Information on what our OEM clutches can handle seems limited. Let me know your thoughts. We stopped 536whp/451wtq on mine.
OEM clutches are generally good for up to 450wtq, how long it survives at that level depends on how its driven. As long as there are no hard launches, brake boosting or high throttle loads at low rpm in a higher gear then it'll be fine.

I've got a couple 500+ whp FK8s and FL5s in the crew I roll with, on the stock clutch that have been runnning for years.
Sponsored

 
Last edited:

HondaHoon

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2025
Threads
15
Messages
457
Reaction score
388
Location
Western Maryland, USA
Vehicle(s)
'22 Audi RS5 Comp., '25 CTR, '07 Porsche 911, '23 Ducati Streetfighter
OEM clutches are good for up to 450wtq, how long it survives depends on how its driven. As long as there are no hard launches, brake boosting or high throttle loads at low rpm in a higher gear then it'll be fine.

I've got a couple 500+ whp FK8s and FL5s with the stock clutch that have been runnning for years.
Cool. Thanks
 

Chilly613

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2022
Threads
13
Messages
1,158
Reaction score
1,455
Location
Southern California
Vehicle(s)
2025 FL5 Civic Type R
Build Thread
Link
how'd you mount it? I don't want to stick any adhesive in my interior
I haven't mounted it anywhere yet, its just sitting on my desk at the moment. There probably isnt going to be a way around using any type of adhesive like the included Velcro patch.
 


SpoolinFK8

Senior Member
First Name
Gogi
Joined
Feb 13, 2020
Threads
1
Messages
257
Reaction score
549
Location
NY, NY
Vehicle(s)
2024 Honda Civic Type R FL5
@SpoolinFK8 congrats man! Hey, I just got done my build and I stopped my max power output around that mark too. I know for me, I wanted longevity out of the engine and more over the clutch. Just curious if that is what your tuner did as well. Have you noticed any issues with your clutch after your latest dyno tuning session? Any odd smells at the dyno? Information on what our OEM clutches can handle seems limited. Let me know your thoughts. We stopped 536whp/451wtq on mine.
My installer and tuner said my setup is good for 600+, but the P700 was being difficult to tune so for longevity of the turbo we stopped at 535whp, and 442trq. No odd smells except tire and exhaust lol. I also did a delay valve upgrade and removed the full line from the clutch master to the slave, with a full braided line and removed the damper unit. This helped a lot with clutch engagement and gear changes.

11th Gen Honda Civic What did you do to your FL5 today? IMG_5653
11th Gen Honda Civic What did you do to your FL5 today? IMG_5654
 

SpoolinFK8

Senior Member
First Name
Gogi
Joined
Feb 13, 2020
Threads
1
Messages
257
Reaction score
549
Location
NY, NY
Vehicle(s)
2024 Honda Civic Type R FL5
@SpoolinFK8 congrats man! Hey, I just got done my build and I stopped my max power output around that mark too. I know for me, I wanted longevity out of the engine and more over the clutch. Just curious if that is what your tuner did as well. Have you noticed any issues with your clutch after your latest dyno tuning session? Any odd smells at the dyno? Information on what our OEM clutches can handle seems limited. Let me know your thoughts. We stopped 536whp/451wtq on mine.
Congrats to us for making it to the 500Club.
 

HondaHoon

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2025
Threads
15
Messages
457
Reaction score
388
Location
Western Maryland, USA
Vehicle(s)
'22 Audi RS5 Comp., '25 CTR, '07 Porsche 911, '23 Ducati Streetfighter
My installer and tuner said my setup is good for 600+, but the P700 was being difficult to tune so for longevity of the turbo we stopped at 535whp, and 442trq. No odd smells except tire and exhaust lol. I also did a delay valve upgrade and removed the full line from the clutch master to the slave, with a full braided line and removed the damper unit. This helped a lot with clutch engagement and gear changes.

IMG_5653.webp
IMG_5654.webp
Yes, I have the kit to eliminate the damper unit. Just need a braided line and to delete the valve in the slave.
 


Agen2integra

Senior Member
First Name
Evan
Joined
Feb 2, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
82
Reaction score
135
Location
Philly
Vehicle(s)
2025 CW CTR
Just picked it up getting the Mugen Front Lip on along with PPF.
IMG_2469.webp
IMG_2470.webp
Looks clean @artsyfartsyFL5 ! Did you PPF the whole front end? Curious to know, where did you get it done? Before I got my car PPF'd, I reached out to Oakes for a quote and they never responded to me. I remember wayyy back on the EvoX forums they seemed to be very reputable.
 
 







Top