• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

vote4anh

First Name
Anh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DC2R
Today I put my kids front facing car seat in the middle. I used the latch system to secure it on the left and right side which was never an issue. However, the issue was always that the CTR does not have an overhead/top tether hook.

So….I bought a latch strap from Amazon. I hooked the latch strap to both tether hooks. I then hooked the car seat tether in the middle of the latch strap.

I know that sounds confusing as heck but i took a picture and posted it below. I think it should be safe…let me know if yall think there an issue with this. I am pretty happy with this because now i have his seat in the middle and 4 adults can sit in the car. Thanks!!!
I can see why you did this but I'm not sure how safe this would be. I would just forgo the adult seat and have the child seat on either side. Check with your local Fire Station since they do proper child seat inspections for their thoughts.

I personally would not since the trunk secure latches were not created to hold down child seats. Just my thoughts.
Sponsored

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Yeah…I don’t think those tie-downs in the trunk are meant for anything but cargo security. The biggest issue is that they are not likely attached to the car’s body the way that seatbelts and child seat latches are. They certainly weren’t designed for passenger safety. In a crash, imagine what would happen if those tie-downs violently fail. The car seat could flip forward. From there…I don’t want to imagine the multiple things that what could / would happen to a baby.😳

TchnoZ33

First Name
Zaid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
I can see why you did this but I'm not sure how safe this would be. I would just forgo the adult seat and have the child seat on either side. Check with your local Fire Station since they do proper child seat inspections for their thoughts.

I personally would not since the trunk secure latches were not created to hold down child seats. Just my thoughts.
You know…the fireplace thing is actually a great suggestion! As for the latch, I can easily switch it to the appropriate latch, that was never a problem, I just thought it was either or kind of thing.

As for safety, outside of it being out of the norm, I personally can’t see any obvious issue with the set up. I am still using the LATCH system to hold the seat on the left and right side. And the overhead tether is now latch is now being held by two points instead of one. To minimize movement from the top tether, I will shorten it as much as possible. But I def will go to a fire station and see what they think!!!

sugarl4nd

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FL5 CW & 2020 FK8 CW
My Varis Lip was delivered last week. Just waiting to install the day before my appointment to have ppf put on it.
How much & how long do you need to wait for the lip ? Which company do you use to order it ? Can't wait to see how it looks installed :thumbsup:

TchnoZ33

First Name
Zaid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
My Varis Lip was delivered last week. Just waiting to install the day before my appointment to have ppf put on it.

20231120_152027.jpg

20231120_151920.jpg

20231120_152055.jpg
Looks gorgeous! Let us now what you think…also would love to get a review of it a few months from now letting us know if it hindered practicality…going over speed bumps or driveways. Excited for you!

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
@TchnoZ33 Back when my kids were car seat age, in these types of situations, I would always think “What is the worst thing that could happen?” That kind of overly-protective mentality is what prevented me from doing things that were even mildly questionable (where my kids’ safety was possibly at stake). Ultimately, if something bad were to happen and one of my kids got hurt (or worse) and I was to later find that it was possibly my fault…man…I don’t know if I could live with myself. I don’t mean to sound like I’m lecturing or anything like that. Just some friendly advice from a fellow #DadForce member.🙂

KnoxTn17Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
How much & how long do you need to wait for the lip ? Which company do you use to order it ? Can't wait to see how it looks installed :thumbsup:
Ordered it from Justin Edward Adams on the Facebook FL5 group. It was the last one he had available. You can email him at [email protected] for the next availability.

Last edited:

KnoxTn17Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
Looks gorgeous! Let us now what you think…also would love to get a review of it a few months from now letting us know if it hindered practicality…going over speed bumps or driveways. Excited for you!
My entrance to my garage is flat, so no issues will be there. Speed bumps 😁, uh probably won't see once the lip is on. I'll take a measurement once installed of the clearance. I don't think there will be a issue at all going over speed bumbs. I don't plan on lowering the car. If you're not scrapping that oem flap that is under the front bumper, the lip will not be lower than that piece.

TchnoZ33

First Name
Zaid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
@TchnoZ33 Back when my kids were car seat age, in these types of situations, I would always think “What is the worst thing that could happen?” That kind of overly-protective mentality is what prevented me from doing things that were even mildly questionable (where my kids’ safety was possibly at stake). Ultimately, if something bad were to happen and one of my kids got hurt (or worse) and I was to later find that it was possibly my fault…man…I don’t know if I could live with myself. I don’t mean to sound like I’m lecturing or anything like that. Just some friendly advice from a fellow #DadForce member.🙂
Not lecturing at all lol. I do the same thing and honestly I can’t come up with an issue. That’s why I posted on here to see if there was anything concretely unsafe about the set up. As for now, I don’t see it myself but I will definitely take it to the fire station and see what they say/think!

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
My door pattern projectors are finally in and fully/properly functional, but installation was not easy, pleasant, or straightforward. All-in, it took about 13 hours between the initial install using Honda Access' instructions for the part (inaccurate, at least for LHD models), reinstall using Honda's Odyssey/Pilot instructions (not compatible), research for re-reinstall (thank you Hondata and Dreamshop), and meticulous re-reinstall with a lot of probing and guess-and-check along the way.

At the peak of my frustration, I emailed Honda Access (using Google Translate because their Contact Us feature rejects inputs that aren't in Japanese) begging for instructions, and after a bit of back and forth (also using Google Translate), was basically told "this is why the part isn't available for LHD models, don't buy it".

I love the look, and I'm happy to have them as pattern projectors were one thing I missed from my DE5, but not a project I'd recommend or undertake again.

For my next project, I'm currently hunting for a shop that will build custom illuminated door sills for the front and rear doors because the OEM sills don't cut it (as you can probably tell in this photo).

11th Gen Honda Civic What did you do to your FL5 today? Type-R Pattern

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
My door pattern projectors are finally in and fully/properly functional, but installation was not easy, pleasant, or straightforward. All-in, it took about 13 hours between the initial install using Honda Access' instructions for the part (inaccurate, at least for LHD models), reinstall using Honda's Odyssey/Pilot instructions (not compatible), research for re-reinstall (thank you Hondata and Dreamshop), and meticulous re-reinstall with a lot of probing and guess-and-check along the way.

At the peak of my frustration, I emailed Honda Access (using Google Translate because their Contact Us feature rejects inputs that aren't in Japanese) begging for instructions, and after a bit of back and forth (also using Google Translate), was basically told "this is why the part isn't available for LHD models, don't buy it".

I love the look, and I'm happy to have them as pattern projectors were one thing I missed from my DE5, but not a project I'd recommend or undertake again.

For my next project, I'm currently hunting for a shop that will build custom illuminated door sills for the front and rear doors because the OEM sills don't cut it (as you can probably tell in this photo).

Type-R Pattern.jpg
I appreciate you sharing your experience with this accessory. I hope this is a good guide for others wanting to go down this path. Buying JDM (or other markets) parts and accessories is a roll of the dice. It may work out, it may not. There are little nuances that may not be immediately apparent and/or you may not consider a certain aspect that could put you out a lot of time and money. I've purchased about 15 parts and accessories from other markets and luckily all but one have worked out. Anyhow, glad you figured it out. I hope you're happy with them.

惹Raizzelle

First Name
Raizzelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Honda Civic FL5 Type R
Not lecturing at all lol. I do the same thing and honestly I can’t come up with an issue. That’s why I posted on here to see if there was anything concretely unsafe about the set up. As for now, I don’t see it myself but I will definitely take it to the fire station and see what they say/think!
11th Gen Honda Civic What did you do to your FL5 today? IMG_5452

I posted this long time ago. But since it’s about the kid’s safety, I just wanted to share this again. Just a friendly reminder too, hope this helps you. 🤙🏿

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
IMG_5452.jpeg

I posted this long time ago. But since it’s about the kid’s safety, I just wanted to share this again. Just a friendly reminder too, hope this helps you. 🤙🏿
This information isn’t necessarily true/accurate—your insurance carrier is pretty limited on their grounds for coverage denials. If your policy has an exclusion for bodily injury or property damage related to or resulting from vehicle modifications, then I suppose it’s possible, but I’d be curious to see a policy or endorsement with such a limitation.
Sponsored