• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

What did you pay for your FL5?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack
To me the G80 M3 snout looks a lot better in person.

It doesnā€™t photograph well at all because thatā€™s all I see in the photo: the teeth. When I saw this car on the street, I realized just how wide and bulky it was, thereby making the large grille blend in with the rest of the lines.

Not my favorite BMW design, but not bad at all. I still think it looks better than the Bangle era designs.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
To me the G80 M3 snout looks a lot better in person.

It doesnā€™t photograph well at all because thatā€™s all I see in the photo: the teeth. When I saw this car on the street, I realized just how wide and bulky it was, thereby making the large grille blend in with the rest of the lines.

Not my favorite BMW design, but not bad at all. I still think it looks better than the Bangle era designs.
i've seen plenty at cars and coffee. F80 looked great. G80? not so much.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
That's crazy dude. It's like people have different opinions or something
Its cool to have options but i think we can all agree majority agree that newer bimmers are not good looking and basically every reviewer and publication has brought up the ugly face.

GJPEN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru WRX STI
Iā€™ve seen the G80 up close on the street and have started to change my mind. Much better looking on the street and I think darker metallic colors show it better.

I donā€™t know enough about phone cameras or cameras in general if anyone can chime in, but I have a hunch that the lack of a real camera zoom lens distorts images in a weird way especially cars, kind of like the fisheye lens effect?

Shiba Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Most likely taken with the wide angle on the phone, which is quite different than the human eyes' field of view

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
I really never thought of BMW as making good-looking vehicles. I would say the Z8 is the last one.

They all look, very on-brand for what I would expect from them. The Z8 is the only one I can think of as attractive. (Fisker design).

blinkme323

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model Y Performance
No. Thatā€™s not the case at all.

All current gen M cars can be bought at MSRP with ease. (Exception for those limited models like CS or CSL). You just have to wait 3-6 months for delivery.

We know most FL5 owners paid somewhere close to $60k with ADM, which is M2 money, give or take a few grand. So OTD price is similar - if not the same - in most cases.
Yep, I have an offer on the table right now for the M2 at MSRP with March delivery. I already have an MYP, so I really wasn't looking to spend another 60-70k on my 2nd car, but not sure I can justify a CTR at near M2 prices.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Yep, I have an offer on the table right now for the M2 at MSRP with March delivery. I already have an MYP, so I really wasn't looking to spend another 60-70k on my 2nd car, but not sure I can justify a CTR at near M2 prices.
honestly if I had a m2 budget, I wouldn't even be looking at a Type R. I'd go right to the blackwing.

Toprarnen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS350
Bringing this thread back to life since dealers are starting to receive their Type Rs. Hopefully this helps with a baseline of what you should (and shouldn't) be paying. Thanks!

ElDuder

First Name
El
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Bringing this thread back to life since dealers are starting to receive their Type Rs. Hopefully this helps with a baseline of what you should (and shouldn't) be paying. Thanks!
Thereā€™s no baseline to establish, itā€™s at MSRP or below, nothing more.
Sponsored