• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

What did you pay for your FL5?

ElDuder

First Name
El
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
And no wait time? I seriously doubt that.

And if you can, you are luckier than most in this country.
Wait time depends on the dealer but my local dealers all had one in stock when I test drove.
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack
I wasnā€™t referring to the Type R. I was referring to an M3, RS3, et cetera with zero options.
ha ha!

I got a good chuckle out of that one. Even a ā€œpoverty specā€ M3 is still night and day more luxurious and more gadget-heavy than a Civic Type R.

Letā€™s not get ahead of ourselves here. The CTR is a great car at what it does. Thatā€™s why I plan on owning one.

But even in base trim, every car you mentioned (specifically M3 and RS3) will still feel far more premium and refined all around.

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
If Iā€™m buying a car I buy what I want with no compromise. Options or not if the Type R is being marketed at $71-$75k I donā€™t mind spending a little more money for the car I want.
So do you want a Type R or are you settling for Type R? Not trying to be disingenuous, just wondering because a little patience goes a long way in getting one at a fair price. Which then renders the argument for the other cars mute.

Last edited:

ScumbagRob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
I can promise you that the current gen G80 M3 can be had at MSRP. Itā€™s not hard at all, unless youā€™re impatient and arenā€™t willing to wait 3-6 months for the base car or 6-12 months if you go individual.

Itā€™s exactly $72,800, which is more or less the same money folks are paying for the CTR.

I think itā€™s an apples to apples comparison because I would personally choose the base RWD M3 in a manual and alpine white. I couldnā€™t care less about - nor would I select - any other options. Itā€™s the ā€œenthusiastā€ spec if you ask me.
I think it's a bit disingenuous to say that people are paying $73k for the CTR (that's almost $80k OTD!). There may be some examples here and there, but by and large the ADMs seem to fall within the $10k to $15k range, which puts the price more around $55k-$60k before TTL. Still a lot of money to pay, but not as bad as people are making it seem.

Fair point on the M3, though - they do appear to be available with no markup, if you are willing to wait a bit.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think it's a bit disingenuous to say that people are paying $73k for the CTR (that's almost $80k OTD!). There may be some examples here and there, but by and large the ADMs seem to fall within the $10k to $15k range, which puts the price more around $55k-$60k before TTL. Still a lot of money to pay, but not as bad as people are making it seem.

Fair point on the M3, though - they do appear to be available with no markup, if you are willing to wait a bit.
Agreed. Itā€™s probably closer to $55-60k for most. And forums are not the best place to gauge ADM because people generally tend to keep this stuff private. Those who paid $70k (I reckon thereā€™s no shortage of them) likely donā€™t want to admit it and those who paid $50-55k donā€™t want to brag about it either. Hell, Iā€™m sure there are a handful who secured one at MSRP.

Someone should make a spreadsheet with those who are willing to disclose what they paid.

ScumbagRob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
0B42D891-4051-42BC-99F5-46854B51FF3D.png

You can keep the M2. Iā€™ll take the ā€œItā€™s still just a Civicā€ Type R šŸ¤‘
The performance of the CTR never ceases to amaze me. I mean it's a $45k (no ADM jokes please) FWD car, and just look at the other cars surrounding it on that list.

Honda engineers deserve major kudos!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

You can keep the M2. Iā€™ll take the ā€œItā€™s still just a Civicā€ Type R šŸ¤‘
To be fair, youā€™re comparing an old 2019 M2 against a 2023 Type R with 400 lbs less weight on a TH track that favors edgy corners and lightweight cars. Itā€™s not really made for speed.

So the result is pretty much in line with what one would expect. Take both cars to Road America and the gap will be wider, guaranteed.

Now do apples to apples: 2023 CTR vs 2023 M2 and see how it goes.

holland1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma

The camaro ss 1LE is the performance bargain of that bunch, those could be had for under 40k new and beating GT500s pretty impressive on any track especially at over twice the price.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
The camaro ss 1LE is the performance bargain of that bunch, those could be had for under 40k new and beating GT500s pretty impressive on any track especially at over twice the price.
The ss 1LE wont be seen for under $65k befor ttl easy in current market.

ssheff55

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WRX
Cool cars I guess, but Iā€™m out on the Camaros, Mustangs, and Challengers.

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
To be fair, youā€™re comparing an old 2019 M2 against a 2023 Type R with 400 lbs less weight on a TH track that favors edgy corners and lightweight cars. Itā€™s not really made for speed.

So the result is pretty much in line with what one would expect. Take both cars to Road America and the gap will be wider, guaranteed.

The M2 also has 100 more hp, costs over $10k more and is less practical than the Type R. The comparison isn't fair, but it illustrates how much farther above its weight class the Type R punches.

ssheff55

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WRX

Big price gap there too, 2023 to 2023.

holland1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma
The ss 1LE wont be seen for under $65k befor ttl easy in current market.
Thats crazy, thats what they should be paying for a ZL1 1LE. The 1 main reason I'm leaning to buy a CTR is resale value. And why I'm only willing to pay MSRP. IF the market ever goes back to normal and rebates return on the mustangs/camaro/challengers your going to lose a lot of money.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The M2 also has 100 more hp, costs over $10k more and is less practical than the Type R. The comparison isn't fair, but it illustrates how much farther above its weight class the Type R punches.
Big price gap there too, 2023 to 2023.
:D

Are we talking about the same car?

Yes, ā€œprice gapā€, as in most people are actually paying the same (or more) for the Type R than M2C (both f87 and g87).

So people are spending M2 money on a CTR and somehow the comparison isnā€™t fair?

Itā€™s more than fair if you ask me. I get the appeal and I want the FL5 as much as the next guy, but at M2 price, youā€™re getting shortchanged because youā€™re definitely not getting M2 performance metrics. Not even close. And Iā€™m not suggesting that performance metrics are the only thing to go by; itā€™s just that when lap times are being compared, we all know the 2023 M2 will be leaps ahead.

This is not a diss against the CTR. Just know what youā€™re comparing if itā€™s at similar price points since MSRP on the CTR is a pipe dream for most.
Sponsored