• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

What did you pay for your FL5?

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
I can literally walk into dealers near me and purchase an M3, RS3, RS5, IS500, et cetera with no mark up.
Where? I've checked a few states, and none have any barebones models on the ground, dealerships that have any on the ground have options that push those cars way above a CTR with ADM.

Kuhal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'96 Honda Acty, '23 CT4-V Blackwing, '24 FL5
Where? I've checked a few states, and none have any barebones models on the ground, dealerships that have any on the ground have options that push those cars way above a CTR with ADM.
If you only consider CTRs with the largest ADMs (20k+ and mandatory accesories), then they equal a 70k+ OTD rs3, but yea, none are barebones and those may also see mark-ups in some regions. Many of the places with the markups of 20k+ will also be seeing cars like RS3s and IS500 F Sports with mark ups. The better comparison would be the IS350 F Sport which I see around me for ~55-60k OTD.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack
Everyone always compares the price of the CTR with ADM to the MSRP price of other cars, even though those other cars are either impossible to find and/or have ADMs that are just as high šŸ™„
I can promise you that the current gen G80 M3 can be had at MSRP. Itā€™s not hard at all, unless youā€™re impatient and arenā€™t willing to wait 3-6 months for the base car or 6-12 months if you go individual.

Itā€™s exactly $72,800, which is more or less the same money folks are paying for the CTR.

I think itā€™s an apples to apples comparison because I would personally choose the base RWD M3 in a manual and alpine white. I couldnā€™t care less about - nor would I select - any other options. Itā€™s the ā€œenthusiastā€ spec if you ask me.

ElDuder

First Name
El
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Texas, however Iā€™m not looking at poverty spec cars nor would I ever be interested in one.

He walks into dealerships and walks right back out empty handed to make that post šŸ¤£
Why would I make a purchase when I havenā€™t decided what I want to do?

ElDuder

First Name
El
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
You can but you have to order and wait months. Hondas biggest flaw is customers cannot order vehicles.
Instead with Honda you wait months searching for a dealer that hasnā€™t loaded a Type R with mud flaps, door edge guards, door handle protectors, trim lighting, footwell lighting, and every other ugly/unnecessary add on. Iā€™d rather order a car to spec waiting a few months over haggling with dealers over the AutoZone Options Package.

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Honda Acty
Texas, however Iā€™m not looking at poverty spec cars nor would I ever be interested in one.

Why would I make a purchase when I havenā€™t decided what I want to do?

lol at 72K being poverty spec. Your mind set is why the R is way over priced.

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
Oh kool, only the ā€œpoverty specā€ cars would apply comparison-wise though. As soon as you add any options(especially if itā€™s the basic tech stuff thatā€™s standard on the civic) to the cars you mentioned, it pushes them into a completely different tax bracket.

ElDuder

First Name
El
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Oh kool, only the ā€œpoverty specā€ cars would apply comparison-wise though. As soon as you add any options(especially if itā€™s the basic tech stuff thatā€™s standard on the civic) to the cars you mentioned, it pushes them into a completely different tax bracket.
If Iā€™m buying a car I buy what I want with no compromise. Options or not if the Type R is being marketed at $71-$75k I donā€™t mind spending a little more money for the car I want.
Sponsored