• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

What did you pay for your FL5?

Ohlins8990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E34 535i
Purchased mine this weekend at MSRP from O’Brien Honda. Had to be extremely patient for an allocation, but very easy buying experience once they got one. Worked with Matt.

Gansan

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 NSX, 2024 Civic Type R
Just reporting in. I got a BB FL5 yesterday for $1200 over MSRP, and no forced accessories. They were initially asking $10K over plus a set of overpriced accessories. They left some of the accessories in the car even though I didn't pay for them (trunk tray, all weather floor mats, wheel locks). The "Perma Plate" paint protection they can't remove of course but I didn't pay for it.

For SoCal this is pretty good so I'm quite happy. I know someone who got MSRP, but he's a way better negotiator than me. :p

keller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 fc3, 2021 fk8
Just reporting in. I got a BB FL5 yesterday for $1200 over MSRP, and no forced accessories. They were initially asking $10K over plus a set of overpriced accessories. They left some of the accessories in the car even though I didn't pay for them (trunk tray, all weather floor mats, wheel locks). The "Perma Plate" paint protection they can't remove of course but I didn't pay for it.

For SoCal this is pretty good so I'm quite happy. I know someone who got MSRP, but he's a way better negotiator than me. :p
Congrats!!! Hey I'd love to read your observations of the car once you have more seat time.

Damoncage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic

Congrats! I saw a bb type R just now in socal. First time seeing a FL5 outside of a dealership.😆
Mind sharing which dealer did you buy from?

VT Skier

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 SGP
2024 SGP for MSRP in Vermont, plus I paid retail for the CF wing, Alcantara steering wheel, highwall mats, cargo tray, seat back protectors and the shift knob, all installed.

I guess I like bling. And I know I'm not handy.

Last edited:

TDC50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Type R, C7 Corvette Grand Sport, Alfa Gulia
Finally brought my car in for the driver seat frame recall. I taped all of the plastics around the seat and hopefully the dealership doesn't scratch anything.

spiff72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
I traded my 22 Golf R for a new 23 CTR in Boost Blue Pearl at MSRP yesterday (Holland, MI).

The history of the car seems weird. Cargurus appeared to show the car was at the dealer for 60-90 days, but I just found a PDI checklist in the glovebox that appeared to be dated 1/8/23. The window sticker shows it was allocated to the dealer I bought it from -- unless they generate new stickers if a car moves to another dealer? Mileage on cargurus showed something like 5 miles, but in reality it was around 40. They even let me take it on a test drive - which I didn't expect until I realized it had more than 5 miles on it.

I think they were forcing a paint/fabric protection package while it was on the lot, and maybe they gave up on that? They just wanted to handle the financing. There's another one in Boost Blue (but a 24 model) at another dealer about 60 miles further away from me. They appear to be at MSRP, but I didn't actually reach out because of the distance. I honestly was just looking to get out of the Golf R and was trying to figure out a decent alternative and I was searching for a Civic Si, and there were none on cargurus, but they had some Type Rs so I just clicked the option thinking "what's the harm in peeking?"...

Fanatic

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Civic Type R and many more...
I traded my 22 Golf R for a new 23 CTR in Boost Blue Pearl at MSRP yesterday (Holland, MI).

The history of the car seems weird. Cargurus appeared to show the car was at the dealer for 60-90 days, but I just found a PDI checklist in the glovebox that appeared to be dated 1/8/23. The window sticker shows it was allocated to the dealer I bought it from -- unless they generate new stickers if a car moves to another dealer? Mileage on cargurus showed something like 5 miles, but in reality it was around 40. They even let me take it on a test drive - which I didn't expect until I realized it had more than 5 miles on it.

I think they were forcing a paint/fabric protection package while it was on the lot, and maybe they gave up on that? They just wanted to handle the financing. There's another one in Boost Blue (but a 24 model) at another dealer about 60 miles further away from me. They appear to be at MSRP, but I didn't actually reach out because of the distance. I honestly was just looking to get out of the Golf R and was trying to figure out a decent alternative and I was searching for a Civic Si, and there were none on cargurus, but they had some Type Rs so I just clicked the option thinking "what's the harm in peeking?"...
What made you get out of the Golf R if you don't mind me asking?

spiff72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
What made you get out of the Golf R if you don't mind me asking?
After 2 years I had too many warranty issues:
  • Intake manifold “flapper” actuator
  • Steering wheel replaced to resolve constant errors from the Travel Assist and Emergency SOS system. This issue had resurfaced and they were still working on troubleshooting
  • Both mirrors needed replacement because the R logo puddle lights looked like the R graphic was melting away
  • The front and side parking sensors stopped working with no solution found yet
  • Infotainment sluggishness - it took a good 30 seconds before it was responsive enough to turn on heated seats
The car was otherwise a blast to drive (even though it was a DSG). I was just uncomfortable with the prospect of a car with this many ongoing issues when it would go out of warranty.

I traded a 2018 Accord Sport 2.0T 6MT for the golf R 2 years ago, so the CTR feels familiar - down to the chime when u get in.

CTR is much more bare bones compared to the Golf R (no heated seats, parking sensors, HomeLink mirror, etc), but less to go wrong!
Sponsored