• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Wheel rash!! Help im spiraling

LaFlamaBlanca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Type R
Well i did it. 🤦🏻‍♂️. Somebody tell me something good before i light it on fire and collect the insurance check. Luckily its not too deep so some touch up paint should make it tough to see. Called Honda and they dont sell touch up paint for the FL5 wheels. Somebody please give me another solution or i may just take a sharpie to it for the short term.

11th Gen Honda Civic Wheel rash!! Help im spiraling 89FF950F-F999-40BD-88D9-851D0EC894AC
Sponsored

Last edited:

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
It happens, don't stress about it. That is easily repairable. You can try to touch it up yourself or have a shop fix it. A good wheel repair shop will get it back to new.

Chilly613

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FL1 Civic Sport Touring 6MT
Build Thread
Link
I've accidentally curbed my wheels before. Most paints companies use on wheels are proprietary, so you'll be hard pressed to find anything to match it. A good wheel repair shop will be able to color match the wheel after sanding it and removing the damage.

I'm sure there are some shops in your area that'll be able to fix it.

Before and after of my Gram Lights.

11th Gen Honda Civic Wheel rash!! Help im spiraling 1682704412891

11th Gen Honda Civic Wheel rash!! Help im spiraling 1682704421382

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Thanks smart guy. Obviously asking if anyone has used anything specifically or found a company that makes a paint match.
I thought you’d be more interested in an actual fix. If you Google that, it’ll likely give you some local options…and they might have touch up paint as well.

BostonCTR

First Name
Marvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R 2013 Toyota Corolla
I had the same thing happen on my fk8. I sanded it down and used touch up paint, looked good as new.

OP
OP
LaFlamaBlanca

LaFlamaBlanca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Type R
I had the same thing happen on my fk8. I sanded it down and used touch up paint, looked good as new.
i had tried it once on a different car and found it hard to use normal sandpaper without scuffing up the surrounding area. where did you find fk8 touch up paint?

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5

[QUOTE="LaFlamaBlanca, post: 860298, member: 42494"]
i had tried it once on a different car and found it hard to use normal sandpaper without scuffing up the surrounding area. where did you find fk8 touch up paint?
[/QUOTE]

A wheel repair shop or mobile unit can fix you up. It won't cost too much. If you plan on getting a set of wheels... I would suggest waiting until then if you can. Just makes life easier.

s2kdriver80

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
The FK8 stock wheels use Honda/Acura Berlina Black paint "08703-NH547AA-A1".

theyza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FL5
I did the same thing worse than yours five days into owning mine and my heart sank. I hadn’t curbed a wheel for like 20 years… called a wheel repair guy and he quoted $100 to make it look brand new. As an experiment I used my fingers to smooth out whatever would flake off and I used a black sharpie marker on the silver showing… shockingly… worked amazing and matched, I can’t even tell where I curbed it. Give it a shot and worst comes to worst $100 it’ll look perfect.

OP
OP
LaFlamaBlanca

LaFlamaBlanca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Type R
I did the same thing worse than yours five days into owning mine and my heart sank. I hadn’t curbed a wheel for like 20 years… called a wheel repair guy and he quoted $100 to make it look brand new. As an experiment I used my fingers to smooth out whatever would flake off and I used a black sharpie marker on the silver showing… shockingly… worked amazing and matched, I can’t even tell where I curbed it. Give it a shot and worst comes to worst $100 it’ll look perfect.
haha yeah im about a month into owning it similar experience. Good, ill Sharpie it and know that ill probably rash again at some point and then ill get a couple wheels fixed.

1971Camaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru crosstrek
Thanks smart guy. Obviously asking if anyone has used anything specifically or found a company that makes a paint match.
I am quite sure @TypeRD didn't mean it to be demeaning... Sometimes, we just don't know what keywords will bring up the results we need, so i'm sure he was just letting you know that.

TypeRD has been a very helpful member of this community... we appreciate his input. Please consider that it wasn't meant as offensive.
Sponsored