• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Where’s the Aero?

MrMari

First Name
Marian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 and FK8
The question is... will the aeroflow lip withstand 270km per hour? It is just drilled in the original front lip.
Sponsored

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
The question is... will the aeroflow lip withstand 270km per hour? It is just drilled in the original front lip.
Doesn't really matter because no one is going 270 kph (or 168 mph). Some of the "fastest" tracks in the world with long straights won't get the CTR up to those speeds.

OP
OP
AspecR

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
Doesn't really matter because no one is going 270 kph (or 168 mph). Some of the "fastest" tracks in the world with long straights won't get the CTR up to those speeds.
You sure about that? lol

Icehawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR #3177
Considering OEM lips are generally attached that way... unless it's a large, "real", splitter I wouldn't worry even at max speed.

Definitely considering this one since I just want something simple and inexpensive to tie the front end look together, I like Splitters PR too but so far they can't provide a pre-drilled one and it's unclear if they would include mounting hardware - I don't really want to have to figure it out solo.

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
You sure about that? lol
Where then? I'm generally aware of track layout on a lot of these popular tracks. I've personally driven VIR many years ago, Road Atlanta in somewhat recent times and unless you're driving a heavily modified CTR, you're not seeing ~170mph on most of these tracks.

Icehawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR #3177
He may have been implying off track... Florida has roads it's achievable on if you wanted/dare to. I've hit over 155mph... and was promptly road blocked by the police :D Great story, we got off with warnings.

OP
OP
AspecR

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
Where then? I'm generally aware of track layout on a lot of these popular tracks. I've personally driven VIR many years ago, Road Atlanta in somewhat recent times and unless you're driving a heavily modified CTR, you're not seeing ~170mph on most of these tracks.
Mexico papito, in Mexico lol

Icehawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR #3177

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
@AspecR Nice and clean! I like that it has a rather OEM+ esthetic to it vs obviously aftermarket. What brand is it and where’d you get it from?

OP
OP
AspecR

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
@AspecR Nice and clean! I like that it has a rather OEM+ esthetic to it vs obviously aftermarket. What brand is it and where’d you get it from?
it’s made in Thailand, company is Called Garage Unique.

MrMari

First Name
Marian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 and FK8
Me living near German Autobahn... so 270 is not a dream, it's actually very often

OP
OP
AspecR

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
What'd it run? How did you order it? I'm digging it.
$850 shipped from Thailand, you can DM them on IG or Facebook. They don’t stock them, they’re all hand made, so they take about 8 days to make then another week to ship. Mine came in 4 days early though
Sponsored