• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Where do you all get wheel alignments performed?

hhkb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
I have a beater that gets alignments performed at Firestone through the lifetime alignments program. Paid $160 and have had like 15 alignments performed throughout its lifetime.

I'm a bit worried taking a new Civic Type R to Firestone -- should I take it to a performance shop instead?
Sponsored

Chilly613

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FL1 Civic Sport Touring 6MT
Build Thread
Link
I have a beater that gets alignments performed at Firestone through the lifetime alignments program. Paid $160 and have had like 15 alignments performed throughout its lifetime.

I'm a bit worried taking a new Civic Type R to Firestone -- should I take it to a performance shop instead?
Im sure there are other places that will charge less. At my local shop I only pay $80 for alignments or they're discounted with any suspension modifications I have them install.

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
Yes, I recommend taking it to a reputable performance shop even if it costs considerably more than Firestone or Pep Boys. You can't guarantee there will be no foolishness, but the likelihood is lower at a reputable performance shop.

I took my Evo X to Firestone many years ago for an alignment after I had coilovers installed and it did not go well, at all. Long story short: employee got fired, my alignment was free, and they offered me free alignments for life. YMMV.

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Honda Civic Type R
Yes, I recommend taking it to a reputable performance shop even if it costs considerably more than Firestone or Pep Boys. You can't guarantee there will be no foolishness, but the likelihood is lower at a reputable performance shop.

I took my Evo X to Firestone many years ago for an alignment after I had coilovers installed and it did not go well, at all. Long story short: employee got fired, my alignment was free, and they offered me free alignments for life. YMMV.
I agree, performance shops usually will take better care, more attention to detail than your local firestone or les schwabs.

Last time I took my EVO to les schwab it was right before a autox, I had installed coilovers the night before and had them put on my new wheels/tires and had them do an alignment. 5 miles down the road I heard some clunking. They forgot to torque my lug nuts down... Minor details. Since then I've only ever taken it to a performance shop and had no issues since.

Bbfl5

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fl5 type r
Find a reputable shop who is known for doing what you like doing with your car. The less hands on it the better.

Chilly613

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FL1 Civic Sport Touring 6MT
Build Thread
Link

Where are you located? Maybe people can give you some recommendations if they are local to you.

RacingIsLife

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 FL5, '23 BRZ, '15 EVO GSR, '15 Forester XT
Find a reputable performance shop, like everyone has been saying.

I'm delving into the world of self alignment this year. Got some Vevor alignment plates to do the front and rear alignments, toe and camber. We'll see how it goes LOL

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Honda Civic Type R
Oh and I remember you saying you were in the Portland area, the only shop i know with an alignment rack is PRE btw just for reference. I could totally be wrong tho @hhkb

scuderia_miso

First Name
Teddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5, FA5, AP2
I do mine at my house.

Definitely going to echo what other's have said as it's always been hit or miss going to firestone for me. Sometimes they'll do custom specs if you talk to them in the garage, other times I had to argue with the manager and tell him that -2 degrees of camber wasn't going to wear out my tires.

After that experience I went to a couple performance shops, realized how expensive it is and for how frequently I mess with my cars it just made sense to get the tools and figure it out myself. Been DIY'ing for the last few years with good results.

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
I actually have a Big O Tire near me that has done consistently good work at a reasonable charge.
Used them for many years, so there is a strong relationship there. They have the alignment machine, and know how to use it. I get a printout showing the before and after settings. Very professional.

FL5golfer

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Civic Type R
Rob at Chewerks in La Habra, CA
Sponsored