• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Which color is best?

Michael90

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX
I've been in a black Civic for the last 6 years and would like to switch it up, but I'm just not sure what to do and don't want to regret my decision.

I know silver was the most popular color of the 2000's, but it's kind of passé at this point, isn't it? The most popular color on the road these days as many of you probably know is white, but I'm just not a white car kind of guy. What does everyone think of the meteorite metallic gray? I'd LOVE that sonic gray but unfortunately it doesn't come on the EX model which I plan to get.
Sponsored

MaxPower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan ABM, 2017 CR-V EX, formerly 2005 Saab 9-2x, 1986 Prelude Si
Your question is unanswerable, because there is no "best" color. Each option will have its proponents and detractors. Different strokes for different folks. Buy what you like.

Agreed. Despite my statement above, I think we can agree that ABM is inarguably superior to any other option. I mean, obviously.

Captain

Ghost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Civic Touring - 2020 BMW M340ixdrive
I have black one but I never buy black again its quickly gets dust and dirty new colors looks like good ones especially meteoroid grey metallic / Morning Mist Blue Metallic / Sonic grey pearl and Lunar Silver Metallic.

mammamia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
I was a huge Lunar Silver Metallic fan myself, but moreso with the 10th gen where it went great with the black trim. It kind looks like any other car this gen.

Will probably go Sonic Grey if I have the option

OP
OP
Michael90

Michael90

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX
I was a huge Lunar Silver Metallic fan myself, but moreso with the 10th gen where it went great with the black trim. It kind looks like any other car this gen.

Will probably go Sonic Grey if I have the option
Only on the Sport an Touring models, that color

hikaru

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sedan 1.5T, 2009 Accord Sedan 2.4 LX-P, 2000 Civic Sedan EK4
I'm driving the 10th gen in lunar silver, but it's because they didn't do SGP in the sedan.
SGP with all the black trimmings and emblems would be dope. A sport sedan with black emblems looks the best IMO.

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan MSM
White hides dirt, dings and scratches the best but it looks pretty boring on the models out so far.

Si and CTR should change that.

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 SGP FK7, ‘20 PWP FC1 si, ‘22 LSM FE2 (soon)
I got sonic grey in my hatch because at the time it was rare to see... at this point, I’m tired of seeing it EVERYWHERE I go. I got my si in white because the wife and I couldn’t agree on a color, I would’ve went with ABM, but she was against that...

with all that said, I really don’t think you can go wrong with any color. Even black looks amazing, but it gets dirty way too quick.

Red

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Touring; 2020 KIA Sportage;
If all the colors were sitting in front of me I probably would have picked the Sonic Grey Pearl. My second choice would have been the Meteoroid Grey Metallic but only the Platinum White Pearl was on the lot at the time (one EX and one Touring). I probably should have been patient and waited for some other colors to arrive but my salesman verified there was only one Touring due in next month and patience was never one of my virtues. The Metallic in the white is very striking so I bought it. I guess I got caught up in the moment.
Sponsored