• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Wing Removal

Lhlaci

First Name
Laszlo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FN2, FL5
Hi Guys, I am new here from Budapest, Hungary. My new red FL5 has just arrived to my dealer. I find the rear wing too much for the solid appearance of the car.
I may be unique but still I would prefer the smaller duckbill spolier installed only. I asked the dealer to remove it. They did it but do not recommend to use the car with the wing removed as the wing has a significant role in ensuring the structural integrity of the tailgate not to mention the two giant holes it left on the tailgate.
Has anybody removed the wing and if yes, how did you regained the original strength of the tailgate without the wing?
What did you do with the holes? Would a normal Civic tailgate fit to the Type R? I see this as an option, not cheap but an option.

Thanks for your feedbacks!
Sponsored

Kfo_cpa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RDX
By chance can you post a pic of your car without the wing? I was thinking of removing it as well when I get mine. Sorry I don’t have the answers to the questions you asked.

OP
OP
Lhlaci

Lhlaci

First Name
Laszlo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FN2, FL5
By chance can you post a pic of your car without the wing? I was thinking of removing it as well when I get mine. Sorry I don’t have the answers to the questions you asked.
Sorry, i don’t have a pic without the wing. They just told me the problem they saw. It looks like a normal h:ev hatchback civic. That is the look I am pursuing.

TomK

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Pilot
Sorry, i don’t have a pic without the wing. They just told me the problem they saw. It looks like a normal h:ev hatchback civic. That is the look I am pursuing.
Did you keep on? Any pics without? Does the HPD wing mount up right there?

OP
OP
Lhlaci

Lhlaci

First Name
Laszlo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FN2, FL5
Yes, the wing is still on. No, I don't have pic without the wing. It looked like a normal h:ev Civic with two giant holes on the tailgate.

Robert.C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1, DC2-R
You may consider buying extra wing stands, finding a local machining/fabrication shop, and having them mock up fillers that are flush using the OEM stands as a reference. A lot of metal fabricators and machining shops can mock up designs in CAD on-site.
Sponsored