• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Sport 2.0L 6MT Lunar Silver Metallic
They toned it back towards the bland mid-2000s Civic look a little too much but we will see what the Hatchback, Si, R look like.
Sponsored

cosflaviu

First Name
Flaviu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 5D 2017
I wonder how it will look with front number plate

NazTehRpR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Sedan Sport, '08 GSXR 600
Whoever says the 10th gen looks better is out of their mind or just spent a ton of money on a 10th and is fooling themselves with that fake vent hot garbage.
So wait, Honda having fun and appealing to the younger audience which is the point of the civic is “out of their mind”. More subtle is the point of the accord(more tame/also family model). The civic is the fun model? I don’t mind a full redesign, trust, but this is no longer a civic “in my eyes”.

nizarz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX
I quite like the car BUT I do wish the front end was different. I don't like the way it curves at the front to create like a 'nose'. I Would have preferred the front end to go straight across rather than that dip. Would end up looking similar to the front end of a Dodge charger.

Jessegovols

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda CRV, 2023 Civic Sport Touring (6MT)
While I like the front, the rear is meh. I hope the hatch ends up having a little more visual interest with the full width tail light. The interior looks crisp tho. Kinda retro actually. I like it a lot. Very clean and simple. I see some inspiration from the Honda e. Hoping that gauge cluster is at least partially digital (maybe half half like the accord?). Assuming the drawing of the interior is accurate. shocked they decided to stick with a normal shifter and not use the push button shifter that all the other honda models are using.
I read from Honda that they would have a full digital gauge cluster. Not sure if standard or option.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Most modern cars look good with big ol 19" rims on them. Wait til you see the base LX model with steelies and hubcaps. Then the boring comments will really be flowing.
Yep. This is a prototype... some elements will be toned down even further on the production model. Remember the 10th gen prototype reveal? While the production model was similar, many things were toned down.

NazTehRpR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Sedan Sport, '08 GSXR 600
Yep. This is a prototype... some elements will be toned down even further on the production model. Remember the 10th gen prototype reveal? While the production model was similar, many things were toned down.
Yeh I memeber it looking like crap then they surprised us. That’ll probably be the same for this one. Even on some YouTube reveals as well other sites, a lot of people aren’t feeling it.

frontlinegeek

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV Touring, 2022 Civic Touring Sedan
Again, and a few more people have pointed it out. This Civic looks like an Accord. And if I have to go full out on a Gen11 Civic (Touring) to get all the goodies that are more and more becoming standard on all the competition, I would rather get an actual Accord due to KNOWING I can get one with a 2.0T in it. Without going to a Type-R, there is no way Honda is putting a 2.0T in a Civic.

So really, if the Civic isn't a return to classic Japanese Honda with double whishbone suspension and silly handling along with a change to the base engine being the 172 HP 1.5T and the next engine being basically today's Si engine and the Si getting something in the 230 to 240 range... Again, I just say nope. Those of us like me that are in the position to opt for the Accord 2.0T in sport or Touring will seriously give it a look and likely go that route.

I am having flashbacks to the mid 90s when the Accord looked like a Civic. Now we have the Civic looking like an Accord. Fix your design language Honda...

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
I know this will be a nice car but it is really starting to go away from it's roots. Like you said, it's pretty much an Accord Lite.

Who knows, maybe Honda will surprise us with something smaller like a new CRX/CRZ type vehicle. In a way that would make sense in the US. They dropped the Fit and the Civic is going "more mature". Honda are you listening?

golfer883

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus
So wait, Honda having fun and appealing to the younger audience which is the point of the civic is “out of their mind”. More subtle is the point of the accord(more tame/also family model). The civic is the fun model? I don’t mind a full redesign, trust, but this is no longer a civic “in my eyes”.
your crazy if you think the 8th gen civic was a crazy youthful design like the transformer 10th gen with fake plastic vents and line everywhere yet it’s considered the pinnacle civic. The design was the biggest complaint on the type R and I mean it was pretty much echoed by everyone except maybe the diehards on here. People just couldn’t be seen driving it.

just from this reveal I think the 11th gen has a much better canvas to work with especially on the aftermarket and look very classy. The older Honda’s were like that to me, I thought the sedans looked very good, but lost it starting with the 9th gen.

Last edited:

themaincop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GTI, 2017 Civic Si Sedan (traded in)
Whoever says the 10th gen looks better is out of their mind or just spent a ton of money on a 10th and is fooling themselves with that fake vent hot garbage.
Yeah I can't disagree here. I like my 10th gen but this absolutely looks better. The other thing is that appealing to the youth market is kind of pointless. The economy is trash, kids don't have any money. I bought my first new car when I was 31.

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
The looks of this gen civic are way too subtle. It is sad that it can barely be recognized along vw jetta.
2019_volkswagen_jetta_41_1920x1080.jpg

/agreed

From the render I was hoping more Acura, but ended up getting a Jetta.

I guess I don't mind it too much though since I was shopping a GLI and GTI before I ended up in genX

One thing is for sure though. It's still better than ninth gen

Daniel776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Touring
Not a fan...but not because it looks bad. I like the design but it doesn’t look very next-gen, especially considering this is the prototype and it’s supposed to be more wild than the production version. This looks like something that would’ve been introduced 3 years ago.

That interior is hot garbage tho. It looks kinda retro but the production model will probably use cheap plastics which won’t lend very well to that design.
This comment is pretty much on the nose. For this being the prototype it’s not giving much? This looks more like it belonged being the 10th generation and the one out now the 11th. The interior renderings look like it belongs to the first gen HRV lol
Sponsored