• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

themaincop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GTI, 2017 Civic Si Sedan (traded in)
if they make a hatch Si i'll probably buy an 11th gen civic, otherwise i'm off to GTI-land

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
While I like the front, the rear is meh. I hope the hatch ends up having a little more visual interest with the full width tail light. The interior looks crisp tho. Kinda retro actually. I like it a lot. Very clean and simple. I see some inspiration from the Honda e. Hoping that gauge cluster is at least partially digital (maybe half half like the accord?). Assuming the drawing of the interior is accurate. shocked they decided to stick with a normal shifter and not use the push button shifter that all the other honda models are using.
Autoblog says 9" screen and full digital cluster will be available. That screen looks too big, hope it's not blinding at night like our Ascent.

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport 6MT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Most modern cars look good with big ol 19" rims on them. Wait til you see the base LX model with steelies and hubcaps. Then the boring comments will really be flowing.

LittleturboSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
The 10th gen's look sure has more character than the 11th gen. Look is a very important factor in buying a car for many people, particular younger buyers. So this 11th gen must come with a better engine/performance in order to get the same "like" by people, and hope Honda will do just that for the Si.

The rear end reminds of the 8th gen for some reason. And the front still has the shadow of the 10th gen. I feel for the designers! They have no choice but to make new look every few years, but the beauty standard in buyer's eyes won't change that quick. So eventually they will design something that looks not so good immediately, then leave the rest to time. Take 5 spokes wheel for example. It's been there for ages but almost always looks good on any car.......

staylurkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CBP Si Coupe
Definitely more subdued and less youthful, but looks much more upscale. They played it safe because they've been getting flamed over the past five years over how busy the styling of the 10th gen is. Happy that the car is no larger and hopefully weight doesn't increase much. Patiently waiting for the hatch.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Prelude Si
Not much to complain about on the 10th Gen Civic, my main gripe is that it is over-styled. Doesn't look bad at all, just looks busy.

I feel like 11th Gen Civic really cleans things up and brings us closer to the styling restraint of the late 80's and early 90's Hondas. Look at how popular the EF, EG Civics and DA Integras were/are. They were basically a blank sheet for people to personalize.

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
It's unremarkable. Honda was flooded with "overdone" comments mostly by car magazine types and people who don't buy civics anyway. So now they may get "bland" comments. It looks like anything out there.

11th Gen Honda Civic World Debut: 11th Gen Honda Civic Prototype! 35E3C1AC-44AD-45A4-8208-8217DD21C21A

Interior is probably OK.
One clearly good thing is that they allegedly pulled the A pillars back. In X gen. the pillars definitely get in the way and block critical parts of the view both in left and right turns. Good call, Honda (assuming the issue is actually fixed).

Feddy_Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
As we all thought, Honda is definitely going back to replicating German designs (specifically Volkswagen/Audi) for the 11th gen. With that said, I actually really, really like it. Even in this sedan form and I typically hate sedans. I know some will see it as a snooze fest, but I see it as a good canvas for aftermarket support. We’ll see what’s going on powertrain wise, but I don’t expect anything much different from what we’ve seen. Honda only goes for incremental changes over time and the current engine options are unlikely to change. I don’t know if they’ll do anything to get me out of my hatchback, but I’m open to the idea. If they come out with either a 200-ish hp hatchback option or 10-speed transmission, that might be enough to woo me.

aerodynamics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GD3 Fit
Not a fan...but not because it looks bad. I like the design but it doesn’t look very next-gen, especially considering this is the prototype and it’s supposed to be more wild than the production version. This looks like something that would’ve been introduced 3 years ago.

That interior is hot garbage tho. It looks kinda retro but the production model will probably use cheap plastics which won’t lend very well to that design.

MattLodi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sport+
Opposite of what i said on the rendering/patent images, i like it, it has less character than the X but i like it. I'm curious to see how it will looks the lower trim without 18/19" rims ecc.

Good thing is that our 10th won't look dated when parked aside of the 11th (imho).

Zavage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EJ6, Honda Accord CU1( Acura TSX 2nd Gen)
I really like the 11th gen design. After looking on it for a while, every time it get's better looking. It took me almost a year to like the 10th gen design and to think about buying one. But this time, after a couple of hours, it gives me a feeling of "i want one in my drive way".
What i have to point out is that the tyres are more outside this time (atleast on this prototyp which is for Honda a typical 98% finished product) which gives the car a more sportier design and the flat low hood is back which is most easy to see on the 4th gen civic and 3/4th gen accord.
Sponsored