• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

jjccrv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 honda civic ex-t coupe
BORING!!!!! I believe the coupe is history as well.
Sponsored

millerlite

First Name
Miller
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 RSX TYPE S
First thing that came to my mind It looks like VW Passat

OP
OP
TypeSiR

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Great, Now if I have trouble falling asleep I can pull up a pic of the 11th gen Civic. it's not ugly. It's just sort of there. Sort of.

Whereas the first time I set eyes on an Aegean Blue 2017 Si - I was blown away. And bought it.

And for all you alleged 'journalists' who insist the styling is only appealing to Millennials - I was 61 at the time.

Too bad Honda listened to critics paid to snipe, instead of just looking at their sales figures. People voted with their wallets, and the vote was a resounding Yes! for the 10th gen - per their own 11th gen press kit.
' We sold a ton of these - so we will certainly not be making anything that edgy again'.

Hopefully they do something much more interesting with the SI and CTR.

And aesthetically at least, I prefer my touch screen not to stickup out of the dash, but that's me. Although that does put the screen at a more ergonomic height. But so would a HUD. Which should at least be in the next CTR and SI, right?

It sounds like there is one significant technical improvement - sight lines will be better. I remember a big chunk of my view blocked by the left side mirror and A pillar when ever I turned left in my SI. It seems to be better on the CTR in that respect.

If they want to really do something, see if they can make the turning radius of the CTR smaller. Should be possible. At 39.5 feet it is three feet larger than it should be, which affects right turns - you either go wide or curb the rear wheels - and sucks what little joy there is out of parking. I am fine with the 20" low profile tires, thank you. I may be in the minority on that.

Time travel conversation from 2030: 'Hey, my friend's dad has one of those edgy 10th gen Civics. Why doesn't Honda make something that cool now...?'

SumDuud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EX
The 10th Gen had a wow factor to it, this one does not. As long as they fixed the issue with the AC compressor being exposed to all the rocks coming off the road, I'd be happy though.

cekIV

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Sedan
I'm torn. Yes, it's Toyota out front with an Audi behind. But I like those styling cues. They're copied but the proportions look pretty damn good on this prototype. And those rims!... We'll, only 3 more years of payments on my 19 Si sedan; then I can uninstall the 9 aftermarket speakers, one subwoofer with amp, type R shifter with Acuity parts, tear off all the faux carbon fiber accents, remove Whiteline RSB, K&N a.f., and trade her in for a gen 11 !!

KY Civic EX

First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX (White)
In My Opinion....... Its like you designed a Retro Model of a Corolla for Toyota. This is 2 steps backward.
For this car to be popular, you will need to get 60 MPG, and some really GREAT computer features inside.

Don't redesign the car, just Enhance the Gen 10 features. Use Gen 10 Customer Mods for some Ideas and make them standard.

Kgm32

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mitsubishi Galant Ralliart,
Check this out. This basic shape is pretty similar to a Kia Forte:

dims.jpeg
2019_volkswagen_jetta_41_1920x1080~2.jpg

2019-Kia-Forte-in-red-side-profile_o-01.jpeg

2022-Honda-Civic-Prototype-30.jpg
This was my exact thought. I was hoping for more now might as well get a Forte GT given its 201 hp and dual clutch transmission.

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda 3 GT Hatch 6AT

OceansX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic hatchback sport touring
Try again mudasuka *Michael blackson voice*

Madrigal77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic EX
They could literally have thrown a KIA badge on it and I would have thought it’s the 2022 Forte.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
I know many hate it or think it's bland, but for me it's a big relief after seeing the horrifying patent drawings and camouflaged cars. Maybe that was the plan all along.

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatchback
Is Honda trying to push me over to Hyundai or Kia?
Sponsored