• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

BringTheCows

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic LX hatchback
I might be crazy.

Okay I lied.

I still think my 2019 hatch looks better than that even though this is clearly a Sedan vs Hatch war. If they don't create a hatchback prototype it'll be disappointing, even for Honda, as in previous years, even for a basic model they were able to deliver varieties of their gorgeous yet aggressive front face.

At least when I look at my car I just smile. Literally perfect. If not for the fake ventilation, I'd be rolling in mud all day while my car watches. I can't say where the similarities come from. To me it looks like they're trying to borrow from Audi/Jetta lineup with the back-end. Front just reminds me of a sleezy Accord with a bigger 4head and a smile.

I can't say I like this one. The Hyundai 2022 prototype additionally looks pretty meh to me too. Coming from older generations of both companies, I was expecting better from both. Feels like they took a turn backwards from that aggressive momentum they BOTH had from 2019 and 2020, of course all previous generations included.

Oh well. I've got my baby for a few more years.

I'd also like to add that the Mazda hatches look pretty good too. But that's irrelevant here.
Sponsored

W1NTER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X 1.8L CVT Sedan
If you just swap the badges, I'd like the wilder design.

Folks who like to stand out or want to be different (who loves the Civic X) will be disappointed with the XI.

Happy to call this one a Civic. :confused1:
11th Gen Honda Civic World Debut: 11th Gen Honda Civic Prototype! 2021-hyundai-elantra-3-1500x1000

Last edited:

NazTehRpR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Sedan Sport, '08 GSXR 600

Folks who like to stand out or want to be different (who loves the Civic X) will be disappointed with the XI.

2021-hyundai-elantra-3-1500x1000.jpg
bruh, they could call this the XI and I'd praise it, like they asked how many sharp edges you want, and just said..."yes" (I know...old meme)

r1dered214

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si coupe
But where is the coupe? Is Honda really going to make me jump ship for the 2nd gen BRZ?

forrestbb

First Name
Forrest
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 RR CTR, Civic SI-2008 sedan
Most likely tweaks to the chassis for added rigidity. Interested in the more powerful options.... maybe they’ll make the 180hp HB sport tune the standard tune for the turbos. Finally more power for the Si? More power for the CTR?
Yeh let’s hope we get closer to 350 if not more on CTR since new 22 golf R will be more competitive and the 209 at 368 so we need to beat them.

forrestbb

First Name
Forrest
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 RR CTR, Civic SI-2008 sedan
It looks like a smaller Accord, and no more coupe, but the good news is the new Type R should add another 50 HP, maybe another 100?
I know. What if wishful playful dreaming here, if they give the engine 375-400 then provide it would fit in earlier years, I would opt to swap motors; X with new ~400 hp in R and old 306 in the city. I would use the xi for my daily and keep my x with more hp for weekends and tracking.

Zavage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EJ6, Honda Accord CU1( Acura TSX 2nd Gen)

2021-hyundai-elantra-3-1500x1000.jpg
It's one of the ugliest car's i've ever seen.
Looks almost like if a Fiat Multipla and a Pontiac Aztek had a child which went to the beauty doc.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
It's one of the ugliest car's i've ever seen.
Looks almost like if a Fiat Multipla and a Pontiac Aztek had a child which went to the beauty doc.
Yeah, just awful, I hope I never see that on the road. Just goes to show everyone's tastes are wildly different, so there's really no point commenting on styling.

ken88

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-T, 2007 Honda Shadow Aero
No manual transmission for the sedan?

11th Gen Honda Civic World Debut: 11th Gen Honda Civic Prototype! SpongeBon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda Civic Si Sedan (FA5)
I really like it. A Pearl White Touring Sedan or Si Sedan is likely the way I would lean.

I am currently leasing a 2019 Tacoma and it's due 10/21, and boy is that rig super boring to drive. Serves it's purpose, albeit, overpriced, but what isn't these days? I wanted to try a midsize truck as I still own and enjoy my 2007 Civic Si Sedan I purchased new. The Tacoma did get some use hauling firewood and the like, nice to just toss stuff in the bed at the Home Depot/ Lowes, but the technology is not on par with what should have been offered in 2019. I am not a fan of the 3.5L V6 with it's high revving power band, no good for truck duty. My intuition is proving correct. The whole current midsize truck segment (including Honda) is really lacking and I refused to purchase a fullsize truck. So, until all the manufacturers get their heads out of their asses and start offering legit next generation midsize trucks, I'm going to seek my roots back to a new Civic Sedan and the 11th generation is appearing promising. I passed on the 9th and 10th generations.

I was an extremely active user on 8thcivic forums back in the day, when I was 22 and would wash the vehicle, at least, three times a week. Weekly meets at times and have been friends with a host of members since. Now I'm 36 and appreciate the styling direction of the 11th-gen. IMO, appears more classy and refined, very similar to how I felt and still feel about my 8th-gen.

Edd

First Name
Edd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX sedan
I agree about the German influence. The rear end and sides remind me of a Jetta or even an Audi sedan with the mostly flat door panels and wrap around brake lights.

^^^My Take....indeed.
I think the back-end, even the sides, is German influenced. I don't favor the current utilitarian sedan exterior styling. It lost it's unique, sporty style.

1605667310395.png

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
I took another look to be sure.
To quote Randy Jackson:
'It's a no for me dawg.'

Dranzell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X 2020
I know. What if wishful playful dreaming here, if they give the engine 375-400 then provide it would fit in earlier years, I would opt to swap motors; X with new ~400 hp in R and old 306 in the city. I would use the xi for my daily and keep my x with more hp for weekends and tracking.
Honestly, if you give any more power to the Type R, then I really don't think FWD will cut it anymore, even with Honda engineers' magic. It would have to go either RWD (Unlikely), or AWD (More likely).

r1dered214

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si coupe
discontinued
That’s the worst thing I’ve heard all year. I was hopeful for a proper hot hatch (3 door). My SI has been a great little car, but no way am I going to anything based off a sedan.
Sponsored