Sponsored

CFM oil cap breather (CCV catch can alternative)

timestamped

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2024
Threads
2
Messages
147
Reaction score
165
Location
DC
Vehicle(s)
‘24 boost blue FL5, ‘15 tuxedo black FoST3
I’ve been running one of these on my Focus ST, along with a PCV (dirty side) catch can for about 10 years, tuned for about 5 years up to ~24 psi max boost.

Early on, mostly stock, I was noticing some oil traces going to the turbo inlet from the CCV breather that, most of the time, lets clean filtered air enter the valve cover while the intake manifold pulled crankcase pressure from the PCV side. Under boost, the PCV valve shuts (mostly, the Focus ST PCV valve is a bit leaky, perhaps by design) but everyone runs a check valve between PCV can and the IM. With no way to vent pressure towards the IM, and the turbo sucking in air, any positive crankcase pressure under boost can push blowby vapors out the CCV vent towards the turbo.

Installing a CFM breather seemed to reduce / eliminate it, as it gives another exit for crankcase pressure under boost, and I have not had any issues since. I haven’t seen anyone running one on this platform (also a direct-injected 2.0 turbo), so thought I’d throw it out there for the community to digest. Not sure if there is enough clearance from the hood.

https://www.c-f-m.com/performancepa...Honda-D-B-H-F-J-K-Series-Engines-762p1625.htm

If you want to see one on my FoST:

11th Gen Honda Civic CFM oil cap breather (CCV catch can alternative) 1764127748837-74
Sponsored

 

HondaHoon

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2025
Threads
15
Messages
457
Reaction score
389
Location
Western Maryland, USA
Vehicle(s)
'22 Audi RS5 Comp., '25 CTR, '07 Porsche 911, '23 Ducati Streetfighter
Do you know if this application would actually clear the FL5 hood and if it threads into the K20C1 valve cover? Thanks.
 
OP
OP
timestamped

timestamped

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2024
Threads
2
Messages
147
Reaction score
165
Location
DC
Vehicle(s)
‘24 boost blue FL5, ‘15 tuxedo black FoST3
Do you know if this application would actually clear the FL5 hood and if it threads into the K20C1 valve cover? Thanks.
I do not, haven’t gotten one (yet). I think it probably would, but one concern would be as with most other oil cap replacements, metal threads going in and out of the plastic valve cover. It’s been okay on my focus but still wary.
 

HondaHoon

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2025
Threads
15
Messages
457
Reaction score
389
Location
Western Maryland, USA
Vehicle(s)
'22 Audi RS5 Comp., '25 CTR, '07 Porsche 911, '23 Ducati Streetfighter
I do not, haven’t gotten one (yet). I think it probably would, but one concern would be as with most other oil cap replacements, metal threads going in and out of the plastic valve cover. It’s been okay on my focus but still wary.
I have a Chasing Js Titanium. Hell, I do not have to barely tighten it to have a great seal. As long as you are not " I have the POOOOWERRRRR" like He-Man. Should be fine.
Sponsored

 
 







Top