• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Is an oil catch can needed? Just hopped on the Unity Group Buy for the HEL Oil Cooler.

Sooner1

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR BB, 2015 Audi A3, 2023 CRV Touring Hybrid
I have the Mishimoto as well and although I have not measured what the can has caught I would say my results are similar to @GV27 or possibly a little more.
Sponsored

RacingIsLife

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 FL5, '23 BRZ, '15 EVO GSR, '15 Forester XT
All right fam I have like 1,600 miles on my FL5, its been sitting for a bit due to the winter weather here in WI. I checked it and it has caught this much amount of gunk. Definitely very small, but also not "nothing". You can actually buy this catch can on Amazon for $20 (it's called Bull Boost, I think Mishimoto is an exact copy of theirs with a huge markup), and it even includes the mounting bracket. You just have to buy a small section of fuel hose as well. You can even reuse one of the oem hoses, see my pictures.

I added some scotch brite steel wool to the top section of the can, a $1 mod. Hopefully gives even more surface area for gunk to attach to and disperse back to the bottom eventually.

11th Gen Honda Civic Is an oil catch can needed?  Just hopped on the Unity Group Buy for the HEL Oil Cooler. 1.PNG

11th Gen Honda Civic Is an oil catch can needed?  Just hopped on the Unity Group Buy for the HEL Oil Cooler. 2.PNG