• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

UPDATE: HEL Oil Cooler USDM & JDM Now Available!

OP
OP
PointByPatrol

PointByPatrol

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R

hammeredsole

First Name
Mister
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Odyssey Elite, F150 Tremor, CRV Hybrid Sport-L
What changes were necessary? We've all seen the YouTube video which shows component interference, was it just a matter of mounting bracket?

OP
OP
PointByPatrol

PointByPatrol

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
What changes were necessary? We've all seen the YouTube video which shows component interference, was it just a matter of mounting bracket?
The mounting bracket is updated, short hose is 3" longer and has anti-abrasion material running the full length, and the clip for the left ng hose is reshaped

albi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
UPDATE: THE USDM &JDM kit is now available on the HEL Performance website. There is a selection button to hit to designate the USDM kit!

Link here:
https://auto.helperformance.com/honda-civic-fl5-2-0-type-r-2023-thermostatic-oil-cooler-kit
Have to admit, they have not been very helpful or customer oriented from this. I reached out to them and they acted as if I did something wrong for asking about the updated hardware.

Very appreciative that you have kept everyone updated!

OP
OP
PointByPatrol

PointByPatrol

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Have to admit, they have not been very helpful or customer oriented from this. I reached out to them and they acted as if I did something wrong for asking about the updated hardware.

Very appreciative that you have kept everyone updated!
Who did you speak with? Everyone I spoke with was fantastic!

Last edited:

albi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Who did you speak with? Everyone I spoke with was fantastic?
Ben Viner. I only know to use the contact us or their auto@helperformance email.

He was the person I spoke with as they were doing R&D as well, never spoke to anyone different.

OP
OP
PointByPatrol

PointByPatrol

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Ben Viner. I only know to use the contact us or their auto@helperformance email.

He was the person I spoke with as they were doing R&D as well, never spoke to anyone different.
I worked with Ben as well. Never an issue!

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R, 2006 s2000, 2022 Ram TRX, 2005 srt-4
Build Thread
Link
Wish they had a option to choose thermostat temp and the option for a bigger oil cooler. I think a 19 row instead of a 16 would have been better at keeping temps controlled.

OP
OP
PointByPatrol

PointByPatrol

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Wish they had a option to choose thermostat temp and the option for a bigger oil cooler. I think a 19 row instead of a 16 would have been better at keeping temps controlled.
Isn't much extra space in there. You'd end up running into the horn bracket.

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R

svvitch

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, 2022 Odyssey
Thanks for all the research on the oil cooler @poinybypatrol really enjoy the videos.

Would you recommend doing this at the same time as the radiator? Would 2 PITA installs make them both easier or harder in your opinion?

I have all winter no track days until spring in the Midwest sadly.

OP
OP
PointByPatrol

PointByPatrol

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Thanks for all the research on the oil cooler @poinybypatrol really enjoy the videos.

Would you recommend doing this at the same time as the radiator? Would 2 PITA installs make them both easier or harder in your opinion?

I have all winter no track days until spring in the Midwest sadly.
If you can, I'd recommend doing intercooler, oil cooler and radiator in one shot to minimize the number of times that you have to remove the front bumper. Though I've gotten good at it, I still cringe every time I have to remove the front bumper because of all the plastic tabs that hold the bumper on below the headlights. I'm considering upgrading my intercooler piping with the PRL kit, which means I'll have to remove the front bumper AGAIN. Hindsight is 20/20. Wish I had known then what I know now.

teddytypeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 type R 2019 gt350 2022 model X plaid
If you can, I'd recommend doing intercooler, oil cooler and radiator in one shot to minimize the number of times that you have to remove the front bumper. Though I've gotten good at it, I still cringe every time I have to remove the front bumper because of all the plastic tabs that hold the bumper on below the headlights. I'm considering upgrading my intercooler piping with the PRL kit, which means I'll have to remove the front bumper AGAIN. Hindsight is 20/20. Wish I had known then what I know now.
11th Gen Honda Civic UPDATE: HEL Oil Cooler USDM & JDM Now Available! IMG_0512.JPG

I did not do a radiator :( im hoping a the oil cooler and intercooler will be the only cooling mods needed.

OP
OP
PointByPatrol

PointByPatrol

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
IMG_0512.JPG

I did not do a radiator :( im hoping a the oil cooler and intercooler will be the only cooling mods needed.
I had hoped the same until I overheated on track. Coolant temps hit 258. Problem went away after the radiator.
Sponsored