• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

OP
OP
TigerEyeJazz

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X2 M35i
I do too..and its sad because this last one should go out with a bang! The whole 11th generation has left me disappointed ? except the type r. Im glad the integra is a 5dr cause this Civic ain't it!
Yep it should go out with a bang but I feel like they won’t because Integra got all the R&D money. I’m sure some of the HMA executives who cared for the Si are annoyed about it.
Sponsored

Jabberwocker

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GRolla CE/Taco/Pilot
I do too..and its sad because this last one should go out with a bang! The whole 11th generation has left me disappointed ? except the type r. Im glad the integra is a 5dr cause this Civic ain't it!
We know less about the integra.

hoodlum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn Astra
agreed and I feel as though the mention as it’s the best handling Si ever that tells me already that it’s a goner after this Gen. it’s going to be the whole Civic Coupe all over again. Essentially a last hurrah. Wouldn’t doubt that the MMC won’t have an Si. Integra is going to eat the sales of it.
If the Integra comes with LSD then the SI will definitely get dropped.

OP
OP
TigerEyeJazz

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X2 M35i
We know less about the integra.
We might know less but I’m almost certain when the Integra details get revealed and we see the interior and more of the exterior for sure it’s going to sale a lot more and bring in Si owners.

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan MSM
Idk why but I feel like this Gen Si will be least sold Si in the History of Civic generations.
If they keep pricing under control it’ll still be a good value in Canada. We got features on the 10th gen that exceeded what the price increase warranted. So for those concerned with bang 4 buck still a good buy.

However. The Integra is sure to steal some sales for those less concerned with price. Once they announced the Integra was a hatch I was done buying Civics. The HRV would still be more practical but zero fun. The Integra should be practical enough.

It’d still be fun to see what they could do with a Kona N / Nismo Juke competitor. I’m gonna go hold my breath.

OP
OP
TigerEyeJazz

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X2 M35i
If they keep pricing under control it’ll still be a good value in Canada. We got features on the 10th gen that exceeded what the price increase warranted. So for those concerned with bang 4 buck still a good buy.

However. The Integra is sure to steal some sales for those less concerned with price. Once they announced the Integra was a hatch I was done buying Civics. The HRV would still be more practical but zero fun. The Integra should be practical enough.

It’d still be fun to see what they could do with a Kona N / Nismo Juke competitor. I’m gonna go hold my breath.
I did hear some rumour awhile back that a Acura CUV was coming would more then likely be called the CDX. Still unconfirmed and would be a long way out.

neoison

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 hatchback sport
Stock vs stock the Accord 2.0T is just as fast as the TypeR. Wishful thinking to bring a Civic Si with the same setup 2.0T for 32k. Take my ? ?

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit
lol camo on a car with orders already showing up on dealer systems. Hiding something?

jpn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jp
Anyone can figure out the wheel setup? What are the profiles of the tires?
Any what front brakes are those?

OP
OP
TigerEyeJazz

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X2 M35i
Anyone can figure out the wheel setup? What are the profiles of the tires?
Any what front brakes are those?
The ones on here aren’t going to be production tires and or break setup.

hikaru

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sedan 1.5T, 2009 Accord Sedan 2.4 LX-P, 2000 Civic Sedan EK4
It's got quite a bit working against it at this point...

- Slowing small sedan sales (and no hatch variant)
- Manual Only take rates
- Possibly no meaningful power upgrade over last gen
- So-so styling depending on who you ask
- botched/ignored reveal

It's almost like Honda is looking for a reason to discontinue making Si models... they want to put all their focus into the CTR and do away with the much lower profit margin Si (in favor of selling more Integras most likely). All they honestly had to do was upgrade the power a bit, offer an auto option, and differentiate the styling just enough and they'd have had a sales hit, but much like the rest of the civic lineup it appears the Si is getting toned down and more or less pushed to the back burner in favor of the CTR and upcoming Integra. Honda could've really leveraged the Si name and expanded it to more models (think in terms of Hyundai's N-Line vs N models). But instead they seem to be purposely trying to find a reason to just be done with it. I hope I'm wrong... but so far they haven't painted a very optimistic picture.

I can't find the source anymore so take it as you will... but back when the 10th gen was getting designed, Honda of Japan supposedly wanted to end the Si completely (because the CTR was going to be available in North America). But Honda America demanded an Si model. It seems now, with Honda Japan back in control of the civic, the Si is on it's last legs because Japan just doesn't see the value in keeping it around or trying to make it more of a volume model. I could maybe understand this if they'd done more to boost the Sport/Sport Touring trims on the civic, making them Si in everything but name, but they didn't see fit to do that either.
I kinda feel the same way given that Japan gives up the Si two decades ago. The last JDM sedan Si was ended in 2000.

The 10th gen sedan Si would be the most iconic generation.
Sponsored