• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

OP
OP
TigerEyeJazz

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X2 M35i
This is a relief because it basically confirms that the current wing on the Type-R prototypes might not be final, thankfully because that is ugly af. Obviously with ridiculous wings such as these they are testing different downforce levels and whatnot so that's why they are on there, just hoping the same goes for the Type-R. The attached wings like the 10th gen look so much better
I mean the wing you see here is for the race car version. The wing here has nothing to do with the production car at all. The CTR wing is the production wing.

jakdotdot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI
Notice they said "best handling" and "most fun" Si ever but not fastest Si ever? Interesting.
yep. If it was making more power, they would be letting us know.

Add in the fact that they are teasing a body in white version of the car instead of the car they are going to sell to consumers isn’t looking good either.

I don’t care that if Honda wins some race class that doesn’t matter, or one that they are the only car competing in that particular class.

Jabberwocker

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GRolla CE/Taco/Pilot
This is a relief because it basically confirms that the current wing on the Type-R prototypes might not be final, thankfully because that is ugly af. Obviously with ridiculous wings such as these they are testing different downforce levels and whatnot so that's why they are on there, just hoping the same goes for the Type-R. The attached wings like the 10th gen look so much better
If they are going for the fwd Nurburgring record then they are using the production car. Also that wing is way better than the outgoing one anyhow.

Saywhaat04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Honda is lame...and so is this "Si" Jesus take the wheel. Reveal the damn thing already

Ethan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Accord Sport 2.0T manual
Honda is dragging their feet because there is nothing to be excited about. If you want to get excited, wait for the Type R.

hoodlum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn Astra
Idk why but I feel like this Gen Si will be least sold Si in the History of Civic generations.
With the Civic Hatchback and Integra as viable options that is very likely. Of course Honda will say it is due to the manual only option on the SI.

OP
OP
TigerEyeJazz

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X2 M35i
With the Civic Hatchback and Integra as viable options that is very likely. Of course Honda will say it is due to the manual only option on the SI.
That’s going to be the exact reason that the Si won’t sell. Integra will bring in Civic Si owners who want more features that the new Si won’t have. Then the Hatchback will bring in the Civic only fan base who want a hatchback with a manual.

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Idk why but I feel like this Gen Si will be least sold Si in the History of Civic generations.
It's got quite a bit working against it at this point...

- Slowing small sedan sales (and no hatch variant)
- Manual Only take rates
- Possibly no meaningful power upgrade over last gen
- So-so styling depending on who you ask
- botched/ignored reveal

It's almost like Honda is looking for a reason to discontinue making Si models... they want to put all their focus into the CTR and do away with the much lower profit margin Si (in favor of selling more Integras most likely). All they honestly had to do was upgrade the power a bit, offer an auto option, and differentiate the styling just enough and they'd have had a sales hit, but much like the rest of the civic lineup it appears the Si is getting toned down and more or less pushed to the back burner in favor of the CTR and upcoming Integra. Honda could've really leveraged the Si name and expanded it to more models (think in terms of Hyundai's N-Line vs N models). But instead they seem to be purposely trying to find a reason to just be done with it. I hope I'm wrong... but so far they haven't painted a very optimistic picture.

I can't find the source anymore so take it as you will... but back when the 10th gen was getting designed, Honda of Japan supposedly wanted to end the Si completely (because the CTR was going to be available in North America). But Honda America demanded an Si model. It seems now, with Honda Japan back in control of the civic, the Si is on it's last legs because Japan just doesn't see the value in keeping it around or trying to make it more of a volume model. I could maybe understand this if they'd done more to boost the Sport/Sport Touring trims on the civic, making them Si in everything but name, but they didn't see fit to do that either.

OP
OP
TigerEyeJazz

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X2 M35i
It's got quite a bit working against it at this point...

- Slowing small sedan sales (and no hatch variant)
- Manual Only take rates
- Possibly no meaningful power upgrade over last gen
- So-so styling depending on who you ask
- botched/ignored reveal

It's almost like Honda is looking for a reason to discontinue making Si models... they want to put all their focus into the CTR and do away with the much lower profit margin Si (in favor of selling more Integras most likely). All they honestly had to do was upgrade the power a bit, offer an auto option, and differentiate the styling just enough and they'd have had a sales hit, but much like the rest of the civic lineup it appears the Si is getting toned down and more or less pushed to the back burner in favor of the CTR and upcoming Integra. Honda could've really leveraged the Si name and expanded it to more models (think in terms of Hyundai's N-Line vs N models). But instead they seem to be purposely trying to find a reason to just be done with it. I hope I'm wrong... but so far they haven't painted a very optimistic picture.

I can't find the source anymore so take it as you will... but back when the 10th gen was getting designed, Honda of Japan supposedly wanted to end the Si completely (because the CTR was going to be available in North America). But Honda America demanded an Si model. It seems now, with Honda Japan back in control of the civic, the Si is on it's last legs because Japan just doesn't see the value in keeping it around or trying to make it more of a volume model. I could maybe understand this if they'd done more to boost the Sport/Sport Touring trims on the civic, making them Si in everything but name, but they didn't see fit to do that either.
agreed and I feel as though the mention as it’s the best handling Si ever that tells me already that it’s a goner after this Gen. it’s going to be the whole Civic Coupe all over again. Essentially a last hurrah. Wouldn’t doubt that the MMC won’t have an Si. Integra is going to eat the sales of it.

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
A base manual Civic and SI are almost competing with the same market. I can see American Honda ending SI sale in the future. R&D spent on the SI appears much smaller than the Type R. The Type R is a global brand and will help market Honda as a fun car brand.

Saywhaat04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
I do too..and its sad because this last one should go out with a bang! The whole 11th generation has left me disappointed ? except the type r. Im glad the integra is a 5dr cause this Civic ain't it!
Sponsored