• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

alhounos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si - Sold, Tesla Model 3
Hey, I'm sorry that Honda didn't make the Si of your dreams, but I think it's great.

The most popular sports car of all time is the Miata. The Miata is also famously slower than most minivans. It also doesn't post very impressive handling numbers. But most people agree that it is one of the most fun to drive cars in the world. Same goes for the BRZ / 86. How can those cars be popular? They have terrible numbers!

Horsepower always comes at a cost. If the Si had 275hp, it would be more expensive, it would be heavier, it would get worse gas mileage, and it would not be as comfortable and usable as a daily driver.

If you want big numbers, maybe a Honda Civic isn't the right car for you, lol. Why not look at a Mustang or a Camaro?
Sponsored

Steve182022

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic LX coupe, 6 spd; '20 Civic Sport sdn, 6
To be fair, remember these guys are reviewing the version with the summer tires. Those alone could make things a tad harsher.
I wonder if a swap to 17" wheels would help.

Steve182022

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic LX coupe, 6 spd; '20 Civic Sport sdn, 6
Sure, higher profile all-season tires would ride more comfortably, but you'd be sacrificing handling performance.
Yes, everything's a tradeoff.

djstevemcqueen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Scion FR-S
Jalopnik review is great, and fantastic photos. Hate when they can't even bother do take their own pictures (Autoblog), did they really drive the car?

Based on the reviews and photos, I think I'd be happy with an 11th gen Si. But I'm aiming for a Type R this time, or GR Corolla, if either is ever sold at MSRP.
Glad you liked it! If you’ve got any questions about the car, I’m happy to answer them

ElpacoSV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EJ6 ; Civic FK7G4
Hey, I'm sorry that Honda didn't make the Si of your dreams, but I think it's great.

The most popular sports car of all time is the Miata. The Miata is also famously slower than most minivans. It also doesn't post very impressive handling numbers. But most people agree that it is one of the most fun to drive cars in the world. Same goes for the BRZ / 86. How can those cars be popular? They have terrible numbers!

Horsepower always comes at a cost. If the Si had 275hp, it would be more expensive, it would be heavier, it would get worse gas mileage, and it would not be as comfortable and usable as a daily driver.

If you want big numbers, maybe a Honda Civic isn't the right car for you, lol. Why not look at a Mustang or a Camaro?
Well said! Everyone wants a super car, comfortable as a Rolls Royce, with space as a Pickup truck and pay under 20k....?

ASIMO Assassin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing interesting right now
I doubt Doug will even review the Si, he only reviews what he deems are special cars. I think he only reviewed the base 2022 civic due to the popularity of the model.
Look about 28 seconds in.... Looks like an upcoming review of the Si by ol' Doug

I am as surprised as you are, haha. Kind of late to the game, but will be interesting to see what he thinks of it

zeroptzero

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si, 2022 Subaru WRX
It is pretty darn cold this week in my parts, I do not notice any harsh ride, no different than when I drove it in warm weather last month. It is a fantastic balance between performance handling and a comfortable ride, mine is exceptionally quiet too, not sure why the Geese felt it was noisy ? Mine is in no way noisy.

zeroptzero

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

When I read the performance numbers and seen pictures initially of the car I thought it was big step backwards.

After seeing them in person and test driving an Si I was a happy owner 2 weeks later. They look much nicer in person, and you have to consider the driving experience as a whole - handling, powertrain, gearing, LSD, shifter, interior, features, technology, ergonomics, and price point. I own faster cars but the Si is more fun.

If anyone wants some cool Si media videos check out the ones from Straight Pipes, and Throttle House. my two favourites. These guys get it and nail the reviews.

and

ASIMO Assassin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing interesting right now
Man, Doug DeMuro is sure dragging his feet on getting his 2022 Civic Si video up. Timely videos are supposed to be key for these youtubers to get views. He posted the teaser "cars and bids" of it on the Porsche video like 3 weeks ago now. I wonder if he was just hoping to capitalize on the R being at the Tokyo Auto Salon this week for hype.

I mean, we all know he is going to pan it over ridiculous things, but still... kind of hoping to see him finally give up his anti-Honda crusade and just admit it is a good car.

zeroptzero

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Man, Doug DeMuro is sure dragging his feet on getting his 2022 Civic Si video up. Timely videos are supposed to be key for these youtubers to get views. He posted the teaser "cars and bids" of it on the Porsche video like 3 weeks ago now. I wonder if he was just hoping to capitalize on the R being at the Tokyo Auto Salon this week for hype.

I mean, we all know he is going to pan it over ridiculous things, but still... kind of hoping to see him finally give up his anti-Honda crusade and just admit it is a good car.
His way of talking and all of the hand gestures get irritating after a minute or more. So many good youtube video reviews out there now we really don't need his this late in the game. i bought my Si after seeing the Straight Pipes and Throttle House reviews, and a couple others.

Hey A.A. I love your avatar, I just ordered a 23 inch Asimo doll, I like collecting Asimo stuff.

11th Gen Honda Civic ? 2022 Civic Si First Drive Media Reviews & Videos Are Out! asimo
Sponsored