• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

2022 Civic SI: The price markups are coming

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
When I bought my 2017 I had to needle 3 local dealers against each other just to get down to $22k, took 3 days of emails, phone calls, and about 10 hours of driving around from dealer to dealer.

Still can't believe they deleted heated seats and dual zone climate control in the USDM Si for 2022.
Sponsored

WindJunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
USA-367, 2011 Civic Si
Until inventory on the new Si hits a few to several hundred available nationwide, mark up will be inevitable. In February/March 2019, there were ~650 new CTRs for sale nationwide. At that time, both my brother and I bought brand new CTRs for MSRP, though it wasn't easy even with that amount of inventory available nationwide (we were not looking for out of state, both of us live in FL).

I think mark up will be on most of the new Si's until inventory nationwide is in the 300+ range. Below that amount, most sales will make the buyer pay mark up one way or another, either through direct "market adjustment" line items or paying a premium for accessory packages.

Maxdriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tundra TRD Sport
If you don't need it right now, I'd wait until we are into next year. Inventory will hopefully be increasing and some interesting new vehicles will be added to the mix..(GR Corolla, Nissan Z, Integra...etc ) that will increase our options and lead to more competitive pricing.

alhounos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si - Sold, Tesla Model 3
Yeah 2022 is looking to be a great year for affordable enthusiast cars, just when we thought they were going away.

Patience will be rewarded!

Civic Si and Type R
Integra
Elantra N
Golf GTI / R
GR 86
GR Corolla
Nissan Z

OP
OP
JerseyJerk

JerseyJerk

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic EX
Yeah 2022 is looking to be a great year for affordable enthusiast cars, just when we thought they were going away.

Patience will be rewarded!

Civic Si and Type R
Integra
Elantra N
Golf GTI / R
GR 86
GR Corolla
Nissan Z
All great potential choices, but I'm doubtful any of these will be widely available in 2022 much less 2023.

Toprarnen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS350
All great potential choices, but I'm doubtful any of these will be widely available in 2022 much less 2023.
Yeah, I'm looking at 2024 year models at this point, especially since I'm not keen on buying first-year production runs