• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

2023 Civic Type R Spy Shots (Compiled June 23)

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack
Thanks for putting this together. This is an awesome thread.

I may be a total nutjob, but I kinda like the anticipation, secrecy, and teasing going on.

atlcivic

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 1M

I may be a total nutjob, but I kinda like the anticipation, secrecy, and teasing going on.
Me too but it's dragged on too long... btw, nice M2. Glad to see another 1M/M2 owner interested in the new Type R. I thought I might have been crazy to consider, but I really want a 4 door manual I can toss around without having to spend 80k+.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack
Me too but it's dragged on too long... btw, nice M2. Glad to see another 1M/M2 owner interested in the new Type R. I thought I might have been crazy to consider, but I really want a 4 door manual I can toss around without having to spend 80k+.
Thanks. I'd love to see your 1M.

And I hear ya...
I mean, what else is there? - Seriously. We're limited to a handful of performance cars with 4 doors and manual transmission:
  • new M3 for $80-90k at 3,800 lbs?! - no thanks
  • new Golf GTI/R? - historically, nowhere near the fun and engagement of the CTR
  • new Blackwing that's heavier than M3? - 🤦‍♂️
The only car on par is probably the GR Corolla, which I plan on getting at some point.

Orveezy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2020 Toyota Supra
Thanks again to OP for compiling this thread! I'm crossing my fingers that we see the CTR at Goodwood Festival of Speed without any camo.

atlcivic

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 1M
Thanks. I'd love to see your 1M.

And I hear ya...
I mean, what else is there? - Seriously. We're limited to a handful of performance cars with 4 doors and manual transmission:
  • new M3 for $80-90k at 3,800 lbs?! - no thanks
  • new Golf GTI/R? - historically, nowhere near the fun and engagement of the CTR
  • new Blackwing that's heavier than M3? - 🤦‍♂️
The only car on par is probably the GR Corolla, which I plan on getting at some point.
You and I are thinking exactly along the same lines. Can't believe we're approaching the end of an era of manual cars so soon. For me it comes down to the CTR, new M2 (which is more than I want to spend and serves same function as my 1M) or just bite the bullet and go electric (which I still think is still in its infancy so not worth the money) and leave the 1M as the only enjoyment I'll have while driving. Sad times we're in.

OP
OP
11GenImUnsure

11GenImUnsure

First Name
11thGen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Feet

Not a problem! Praise must be handed to @administrator for keeping things tidy as well.

The anticipation is at an all time high!

OP
OP
11GenImUnsure

11GenImUnsure

First Name
11thGen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Feet
Thanks again to OP for compiling this thread! I'm crossing my fingers that we see the CTR at Goodwood Festival of Speed without any camo.
Not a problem! Praise must be handed to @administrator for keeping things tidy as well.

Day 1 was entertaining in my opinion. Curious as to what the rest of the weekend holds. I agree, a cameo would be a treat. :cool:
Sponsored