• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
actually...the hype for the golden era cars is more so because the people that wanted them and could not get them back then have grown up and finally have the money to dish out for them. i got my itr before market exploded and it was a car i was always after from back in the late 90's
I don't know about that TBH. If the "golden Era" cars weren't worth what they are now, I don't think they would be nearly in demand as they are.

There are a bunch like the 300Z, MRS etc etc that simply no on gives a F about (well they kinda suck also). But the ones that are popular now are all massively appreciating assets.
Sponsored

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK8, 13 ISF, 95 K20 EG8, 98 ITR, 95 EG8, 23 FL5
I don't know about that TBH. If the "golden Era" cars weren't worth what they are now, I don't think they would be nearly in demand as they are.

There are a bunch like the 300Z, MRS etc etc that simply no on gives a F about (well they kinda suck also). But the ones that are popular now are all massively appreciating assets.
correct...because the people who wanted them and couldn't have them before, have the cash flow...for example, like me lol

people have always wanted these cars...that's why prices are going crazy high on them, the fact that most have been trashed, rusted out, wrecked or stolen increases the price big time as well.

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
correct...because the people who wanted them and couldn't have them before, have the cash flow...for example, like me lol

people have always wanted these cars...that's why prices are going crazy high on them, the fact that most have been trashed, rusted out, wrecked or stolen increases the price big time as well.
I get what your saying, but I do think there is more to it than that. If you actually look at the reviews for the halo cars like the MKIV supra, NOONE reviewed it well lol. Until people realized what the 2JZ was capable of. And the ITR engine etc. I think people could afford them, no one wanted them because in their period, they weren't all special in those buyers' eyes.

Not making their mistake with the FL5, GRC, and MK8 R LOL.

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK8, 13 ISF, 95 K20 EG8, 98 ITR, 95 EG8, 23 FL5
I get what your saying, but I do think there is more to it than that. If you actually look at the reviews for the halo cars like the MKIV supra, NOONE reviewed it well lol. Until people realized what the 2JZ was capable of. And the ITR engine etc. I think people could afford them, no one wanted them because in their period, they weren't all special in those buyers' eyes.

Not making their mistake with the FL5, GRC, and MK8 R LOL.
i agree with you for sure, the mkiv honestly stock is a pig...it's not a good handling car nor is it fast until you start modding it. the itr however has always been a special car, one of the first vehicles to push over 100hp a liter from a 4 cylinder na. until you own one, you'll never know how special it is.

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
i agree with you for sure, the mkiv honestly stock is a pig...it's not a good handling car nor is it fast until you start modding it. the itr however has always been a special car, one of the first vehicles to push over 100hp a liter from a 4 cylinder na. until you own one, you'll never know how special it is.
Oh I believe ya. which is why I'm not missing the boat this time around lol.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
the supra turbo was faster and handled better than the 911 of its time, problem is that it cost 90k counting for inflation

ccdd000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E250
saw this on YT. first run 4000 units. if i got it right from translator.
Price increased FK8-FL5 from 5M, to 5.3M yen (with dealer fee). may have lottery system.
11th Gen Honda Civic 2023 Civic Type R Waitlist / Deposit / Reservations List - Check in here! 1659994401255

11th Gen Honda Civic 2023 Civic Type R Waitlist / Deposit / Reservations List - Check in here! 1659994523624

11th Gen Honda Civic 2023 Civic Type R Waitlist / Deposit / Reservations List - Check in here! 1659994542284

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
I caught the LOTTERY call out also, NO ONE has details on that. Except I AM hearing lottery system in Canada (to some extent, not sure HOW lotto is going to work though).

ssheff55

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WRX
I caught the LOTTERY call out also, NO ONE has details on that. Except I AM hearing lottery system in Canada (to some extent, not sure HOW lotto is going to work though).
Speculating lottery in the US as well?

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
Isn’t it going to be truly bizarre, when we finally do have all the info? What in the hell are we going to do then!

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
Isn’t it going to be truly bizarre, when we finally do have all the info? What in the hell are we going to do then!
That's when the dealership fun really starts. Who's gets screwed out of their placement. Who gets last min addon craziness. Who gets fucked by dealer refunding deposits cause they don't want your business lol.

If you think its crazy now, wait until the dealerships are really in play, this thread will be on fire l.

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
That's when the dealership fun really starts. Who's gets screwed out of their placement. Who gets last min addon craziness. Who gets fucked by dealer refunding deposits cause they don't want your business lol.

If you think its crazy now, wait until the dealerships are really in play, this thread will be on fire l.
Yeah, I feel like that is EXACTLY what we can look forward to… a few really happy people, a whole lot of disgruntled people…and a few douchebags who put $30,000 down for their deposit.

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
Yeah, I feel like that is EXACTLY what we can look forward to… a few really happy people, a whole lot of disgruntled people…and a few douchebags who put $30,000 down for their deposit.
LoL!!! Fun times ahead for sure! If the production rumors turn out to be true. I might have to make the stupidest new car purchase of my life (and still consider myself lucky if I get it).
Sponsored