• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK8, 13 ISF, 95 K20 EG8, 98 ITR, 95 EG8, 23 FL5
It helps one prepare for and justify making irrational purchasing decisions.

There is no way to make anything other than a speculative guess about production numbers at this point. Even the best indicator - Honda's current dismal supply situation with regular Civic - may be a bit misleading because of where this Type R will be built. Honda would no doubt build this in FK8 numbers if they could. But they won't be able to for now. As capability returns to normal, I would expect the most profitable models to ramp up to ideal production volume first. I read that Type R was pretty profitable for Honda, so that may bode well but.. just more speculating.
yup...the type r is a profitable car, but it's not what honda focuses on. their bread and butter is their crv and hrv, that is where they make most money.
Sponsored

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
yup...the type r is a profitable car, but it's not what honda focuses on. their bread and butter is their crv and hrv, that is where they make most money.
From a Profit Margin perspective, the Type R (as a Civic variant) specifically is less than almost ANY of Honda's base cars. Base Accords, Civics, HRV's, CRV's and so forth have a higher %. Accords actually have the highest Profit Margin relative to its MSRP.

As rule of thumb, if its a "special" build based on a regular model, those one-offs make the LEAST profit in return. Unless it's a color or BS combo with an inflated MSRP. If it has special parts, engine, suspension etc, those make much less.

Honda doesn't make $$ on dealer markups so.... ya. Not sure why everyone thinks the Type R is a money bag, cash cow for Honda, its not LOL.

Why do you think the EVO, RS, and STI are all dead?

Last edited:

Jabberwocker

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GRolla CE/Taco/Pilot
Anytime at a site like this, you would be remiss not to wonder if some of them are dealers reps stoking that fire…

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
manual sports cars are all dead cause noone buys them, not because of profit margins. Porsche makes the highest profit per car on the 911. Those cars are all dead cause there just isn't a demand for them. Same with the Type R. There are few hardcore people that want a 40thousand dollar fwd manual hatch but demand is way lower than you think.
How many unique posters are active on this forum? I say maybe 20 or 30?

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
manual sports cars are all dead cause noone buys them, not because of profit margins. Porsche makes the highest profit per car on the 911. Those cars are all dead cause there just isn't a demand for them. Same with the Type R. There are few hardcore people that want a 40thousand dollar fwd manual hatch but demand is way lower than you think.
The MK8 Golf R is selling extremely well in manual. Same with the Civic SI, WRX etc. There isn't even inventory to meet the demand for any of the cars mentioned.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI

fredzy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sienna, GR86, FL5
Why do you think the EVO, RS, and STI are all dead?
Mismanagement, trucks and emissions+cali 91 octane, respectively.

As someone looking for a GR86 since December, this is really funny.

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
How many is extremely well? Both the all new WRX and GTI is mass produced and they can be easily found for under sticker.

this kinda shit kills cars....

https://www.koonstoyotatysonscorner.com/new-inventory/index.htm?model=GR86
In my region, there is a wait for all the cars I listed. None are selling at MSRP. All three models are 3-6 month wait min. The Golf R is 1+ year wait. GR86 same 1-2year wait. ALL the facts are stating manual, sports car, economy or performance based are ALL in demand, sold out + wait times. Meaning, demand > supply.

In terms of the demo's, manager used specials etc. Yup, 100% greed. People buying these are driving for a few grand in milage just so they can sell back to dealers as USED so they can mark it up. Its a VERY common strategy to maximize profits using these loopholes.

@ New & MSRP all of these cars will sell like hotcakes. Show me a GR86 at MSRP and I guarantee you it will be sold in under 2 weeks
@ used prices + interest rates, its just a waiting game to see who will crack first.

Last edited:

ssheff55

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WRX

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Anytime at a site like this, you would be remiss not to wonder if some of them are dealers reps stoking that fire…
Lol. No doubt.

I feel like these days... Everything is over hyped.

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

you're judging how many people want a car by how many active users are on the forum? honda sold over 40k type r's, people want them...by no means are manual sports cars dead lol. companies are just lazy to produce new drivetrains. any time a manual is introduced into a sports car it always outsells the automatic version lol

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Back in the day. Acura had trouble selling Integra Type R's even though it was only made a handful because of the price, I remember going to the dealers to drool over it. Both 2003 Evo and 2004 STI first came out with huge hype but could easily be bought about 6 months after they came out with discounts and those cars were made in hundreds. VW couldn't sell the first gen R32 and had heavy discounts on them. I bought my Mazdaspeed6 and Proteges for about 4-5k under sticker and those cars were way rare than any Type R's. This was during the import racing haydays. Younger gen are avoiding owning cars all together and rather uber and yet these cars are so hot. Its hard to believe.

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
Back in the day. Acura had trouble selling Integra Type R's even though it was only made a handful because of the price, I remember going to the dealers to drool over it. Both 2003 Evo and 2004 STI first came out with huge hype but could easily be bought about 6 months after they came out with discounts and those cars were made in hundreds. VW couldn't sell the first gen R32 and had heavy discounts on them. I bought my Mazdaspeed6 and Proteges for about 4-5k under sticker and those cars were way rare than any Type R's. This was during the import racing haydays. Younger gen are avoiding owning cars all together and rather uber and yet these cars are so hot. Its hard to believe.
Yup, the olden times were quite funny, no one wanted those "golden era" cars until they started realizing what was worth what 5-10 years after.

You should take a look at the MKIV Supras sales. They were in the hundreds annually in the USA when new.

I think people right now, know things are all coming to an end soon. So everyone is banking on what happened then in terms of car values holding into the future. Anything last gen ICE, performance, and affordable is being gobbled up by collectors, investors, and car peeps.

If I can I want to own the last gen ICE Turbo perf cars from VW, Audi, Honda and Toyota.

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yup, the olden times were quite funny, no one wanted those "golden era" cars until they started realizing what was worth what 5-10 years after.

You should take a look at the MKIV Supras sales. They were in the hundreds annually in the USA when new.

I think people right now, know things are all coming to an end soon. So everyone is banking on what happened then in terms of car values holding into the future. Anything last gen ICE, performance, and affordable is being gobbled up by collectors, investors, and car peeps.

If I can I want to own the last gen ICE Turbo perf cars from VW, Audi, Honda and Toyota.

actually...the hype for the golden era cars is more so because the people that wanted them and could not get them back then have grown up and finally have the money to dish out for them. i got my itr before market exploded and it was a car i was always after from back in the late 90's
Sponsored