• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
what does UK have to do with US? they made 50k type R's last gen, they will make more this gen.
I'll take that bet If FL5 production does NOT surpass 50K or does NOT surpass FK8 production totals.

What are we putting up here lol. $1,000 USD via Paypal?
Sponsored

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK8, 13 ISF, 95 K20 EG8, 98 ITR, 95 EG8, 23 FL5
bro...no way in hell does honda make MORE FL5's than FK8's in this current situation

ILX6SPEED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura ILX 2.4, CRV
I'll take that bet If FL5 production does NOT surpass 50K or does NOT surpass FK8 production totals.

What are we putting up here lol. $1,000 USD via Paypal?
What is your infatuation with creating panic about supply? I really don't get it. Just calm down, wait and see until we hear more from Honda. At the end of the day its a car, there will be others to choose from worst case.

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
What is your infatuation with creating panic about supply? I really don't get it. Just calm down, wait and see until we hear more from Honda. At the end of the day its a car, there will be others to choose from worst case.
It brings me joy ruining peoples day and watching them skirm and panic.

The fuck? I'm literally just relaying information to the masses.... NONE of what I have provided, stated, or quoted is MY own opinion or wishes. Dont like it? don't engage or disprove said information with your own. Ever watch the movie "Don't Look Up" ROFL.

WHY am I pushing for the most accurate information to be out? Because INFORMATION HELPS GUIDE PEOPLE. If you aren't aware of the possible NEGATIVE outcomes how can you ACTIVELY plan your decision-making?

Is everyone here sitting on their asses and not have a plan B, C, D that is being refined, if things don't pan out your way? Sheesh....

Last edited:

Stick_shifter96

First Name
Shaurya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a FL5
I will be very surprised if Honda makes more FL5s than FK8s. The company is still playing catch-up with its pre-Covid numbers. Only time will tell.

https://www.goodcarbadcar.net/honda-civic-sales-figures/
One another thing to take into account while looking at those sales numbers is the inflation rate and the increase in rate of interest, at least in Canada. The economy is not doing particularly well, and the sales numbers reflect that.

Midnight-VTEC

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DE5 Integra Type S
I think everyone is is just tired and frustrated with the way Honda has handled the flow of information.

Someone who works for Honda needs to share these concerns as we here on this forum are the enthusiasts who asked for this car and are both new and long time supporters of Honda.

Yea the cars (in whatever quantity made) will sell like crazy but that shouldn’t mean that the process in which information is shared takes a hit.

The way they have slowly dropped images, info or lack there of and the looooong wait has really dented the experience for every potential buyer I am sure.

Do I still want one absolutely! Am I impressed with Hondas antics absolutely not.

We don’t know what each poster has going in there day, from family, work, health, affects from the pandemic, etc… and coming on here in hopes of finding a new piece of information in an other wise difficult day and be disheartening as of late despite the car finally being unveiled the lack of info around production it’s no wonder tensions appear to be high.

I for one at this point despite being #3 on a list, have any illusions (unless Honda surprises us…doubtful) that IF I get an allocation it probably won’t be for at least another year I am sure, especially being here in Canada and will likely buy something else in the meantime to have fun with…

Anyways rant over have a great week everybody!

giger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FD2
It's hilarious that no matter how many times that info comes out suggesting this will be a limited model that ppl say it's bs 😂

Car production is years behind & those on the inside are saying it is 2024 at the earliest it gets back anywhere near normal. Given the FL5 is a 2 year prod run that could well be a reason behind the limited numbers - they logistically can't build enough

MrB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda S2000, Nissan Skyline R33 GTR
Honda has a track record for limited production. Look at the FK2, from a quick Google it looks like only 6,700 supplied to Europe and 750 supplied to Japan(!) so I wouldn't be surprised if Honda UK's statement on FL5 supply turns out true. As others have said above, all the signs are unfortunately pointing that way. I think a lot of us would happily be proved wrong though!

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Ford Taurus LX
production will likely be in the tens of thousands simply based on the 5 digit serial plates, 4k a year over X many years will surely yield that much. either way we'll find out here in a few weeks officially (hopefully). I just want some official numbers and news because while I want this car, I also need *a* new car.

Stick_shifter96

First Name
Shaurya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a FL5
Going by pure numbers, Canada will get 540 over 3 years (rumor, probably true), which is 180/year. If they give allocations to their top 3 dealers in 7 big provinces, each dealer would get about 8-9 cars/year. If you made hay while the sun shone and got yourself on the waitlist before it hit 8, you should be good for next year. Hopefully🤞

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK8, 13 ISF, 95 K20 EG8, 98 ITR, 95 EG8, 23 FL5
It's hilarious that no matter how many times that info comes out suggesting this will be a limited model that ppl say it's bs 😂

Car production is years behind & those on the inside are saying it is 2024 at the earliest it gets back anywhere near normal. Given the FL5 is a 2 year prod run that could well be a reason behind the limited numbers - they logistically can't build enough

people don't listen...i work at a honda...we can't get ANY type of civic in any model/style for months. this car being built in japan will be much harder to get a well. you got people saying they'll produce more than the nearly 50k fk8's lol

DominicHonda

First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura TLX, 2023 Honda HR-V EX-L
There is absolutely no chance they will make 50k or more Type R's. They don't have to. They aren't eager to supply each and every one of us, they don't have to. I'm sure they don't want to either. They're making the pinnacle front wheel drive road car and the halo car for the brand, not a mass production vehicle. We'll be lucky if the earth gets 25k over the next 4-5 years of production. Anyone who says otherwise is smoking shatter

fredzy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sienna, GR86, FL5
It helps one prepare for and justify making irrational purchasing decisions.

There is no way to make anything other than a speculative guess about production numbers at this point. Even the best indicator - Honda's current dismal supply situation with regular Civic - may be a bit misleading because of where this Type R will be built. Honda would no doubt build this in FK8 numbers if they could. But they won't be able to for now. As capability returns to normal, I would expect the most profitable models to ramp up to ideal production volume first. I read that Type R was pretty profitable for Honda, so that may bode well but.. just more speculating.
Sponsored