• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
The info also says over 4k have been ordered. How is that possible if the US is allocated and none of the dealers know shit?
Is it possible, “ordered” could mean that Honda has allocated a certain number of Type Rs to the US, say 2,500, but the individual dealers themselves still don’t know how they are all broken down to each?

I can say, at least 2 dealers I’m talking to claim they know they are getting at least 1.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
With my limited Japanese, what I get from the screenshot is that there’ll be a first batch of 4000 units, and that we may need to wait more than a year after that for a 2nd batch.
Thank you

Reactions: rui

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Is it possible, “ordered” could mean that Honda has allocated a certain number of Type Rs to the US, say 2,500, but the individual dealers themselves still don’t know how they are all broken down to each?

I can say, at least 2 dealers I’m talking to claim they know they are getting at least 1.
Could be, although if half go overseas as noted then US is likely something like 1500 first year. Man, waiting another year is going to suck.

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
Could be, although if half go overseas as noted then US is likely something like 1500 first year. Man, waiting another year is going to suck.
I just find it hard to believe 2,000 would stay in Japan and the other half would go overseas… but at this point I’ve given up on thinking I have a clue wtf is going on with this.

Kyofu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3 GT
Do what you’ve got to do but let other’s do the same. No need for the eye roll.
I dont think it was a knock on you as much as what he would do personally.
Yeah that's my bad, wasn't a knock on those who would keep the FL5 as garage queen. Eye roll was more towards Honda for making a civic based hot hatchback so rare it ends up getting relegated to garage queen status.

Kyofu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3 GT
I just find it hard to believe 2,000 would stay in Japan and the other half would go overseas… but at this point I’ve given up on thinking I have a clue wtf is going on with this.
Honestly giving up on understanding is probably everyone's best bet. This shit makes no sense lmao.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5

Allocation seems right. If dealers can truly pick their colors.

The next "order" will allow for '23 Honda Civics.

Those two dealers are likely applying the logic that the FK8 distribution had. Each dealer will get at least one per model year.

This is all me trying make the pieces fit and make sense. So it is totally a guess. I wouldn't put much into it.

pawnstar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR
I would imagine the USA SHOULD get 4,000 minimum across the 3 years. 4k globally, doesn't make sense IMO.
What makes you think the US market will only have it for 3 years ? The last civic was a 6 year run (5 for ctr). I'm sure Honda will do the same with the 11th gen.
Sponsored