• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

What did you pay for your FL5?

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
For the record, I don't think you are lying.

But it does seem strange that your dealership - located in a tiny town in the middle of nowhere - has 70+ people on the waitlist. And that it had 0 last month.
Just to be clear, it's not "my" dealership as in, local to me or one I've done business with in the past, it's "a" dealership.

Once the allocation is in the public domain, the dealership begins to receive calls. I presume that's what happened here. Tyler Honda in Stevensville, MI was the same story. Rural dealership on Lake Michigan, in an even smaller town than the dealership in Kansas. There was no one on that waiting list when I called a couple months back and they were selling at MSRP. They received an allocation shortly after I engaged them; however, they started to backpedal on pricing and the car was SGP, which I wasn't interested in. I didn't follow up with them after but if I were to guess their waiting list has several people on it now.
Sponsored

machimself

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
I'm not sure what I have to gain from lying about it. Do I get more reputation points for it? Do I get more people on an Internet forum who I don't know to like me?

The dealership I bought the car from is in a rural Midwestern town with a population of less than 30,000 and a median household income less than the MSRP of a Type R. This wasn't the only dealership I was in contact with who had no waiting list and zero local demand. If you're largely shopping for this car in urban centers you're doing it wrong. If you're waiting for allocations to pop up on these trackers before you engage these dealerships you're also doing it wrong.
This is the way.

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
Respectfully I call BS. :thumbsdown:
It happens quite often, I’ve sent lists to people who secured a car and then the dealer that sold it gets large amounts of interest only after it appears on their website. I know 2 forum members that had their selling dealer ask to buy the car back so they could resell it, because they didn’t anticipate the demand would be so high.

TypeRGirl

First Name
Leslie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5, na 88 RX7
Just drove mine home last week, sonic grey pearl :love: Initially they wanted $15k markup, a week later $7500. I negotiated down to $6250 (even though I wanted 5k max) I just couldn’t walk away because I really wanted the sgp. No forced add on accessories neither.

I also traded in my sgp ‘22 Si for a pretty penny. It was an in your face last minute trade bc we pulled up in the car wo them knowing, then “out of curiosity” asked what they would give us (with only 8100 miles) They offered 26k, we laughed and said no we’ll just drive both cars home. They countered with 29.5k. So with the tax credit included, it came out to 31.5k for trade in 😎 That Si was sold off the lot the very next day!

CyberCTR

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RSX Type S, '23 RR Type-R #929
Manly Honda in Santa Rosa, CA sold me their Type R for $5,000 ADM and no other mandatory accessories. It's the lowest I've seen in California so far. Everything around me is in the $15k-$25k ADM range...feeling very blessed right now!! 😇
What color Rob???

ScumbagRob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
What color Rob???
Boost Blue! It took me forever to settle on a color. And for me, color is probably the most important factor.

I posted in the new deliveries thread here: https://www.civicxi.com/forum/threads/post-your-fl5-civic-type-r-delivery-pics-🙌-📸.51186/post-857072

When the car was first announced, I wanted CW. But after seeing more pictures, it seemed kind of bland. So I switched to RR, because it looks so aggressive and great. But then I felt like there was just too much red overall. SGP looks amazing in person, but I felt it was a little boring, since my previous car was also gray. So I finally decided that Boost Blue was the perfect blend of both worlds - it really pops in person, and also contrasts nicely with all the red in the car.

I guess that is just proof that you really can't go wrong with any color on the FL5 - they all look awesome. Except black :p

CyberCTR

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RSX Type S, '23 RR Type-R #929
I’d love to see a black in person.

Icehawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR #3177
$8k but I got all of these goodies! /s

Cargo tray
All weather mats
Light up doorsills (on order)
plus their garbage paint & wheel protection plans

Props to @dng for his site which I was able to use to find #3177

BB is super nice, I dig those types of blue. CW was my first choice since it's one of the two original colors to me from the US ITR. Never had a "white" car before (it's cream y'all).

Turbonium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93' EG B18C
Manly Honda in Santa Rosa, CA sold me their Type R for $5,000 ADM and no other mandatory accessories. It's the lowest I've seen in California so far. Everything around me is in the $15k-$25k ADM range...feeling very blessed right now!! 😇
Good to hear you made out well in Cali. I'm in Cali too and never really tried looking in Cali due to adm but this gives me hope. Thanks for the feedback on the ctr tracker pages as well, thoss come in handy 👍

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
$8k but I got all of these goodies! /s

Cargo tray
All weather mats
Light up doorsills (on order)
plus their garbage paint & wheel protection plans

Props to @dng for his site which I was able to use to find #3177

BB is super nice, I dig those types of blue. CW was my first choice since it's one of the two original colors to me from the US ITR. Never had a "white" car before (it's cream y'all).
Maybe I'm blanking on this one but what is the second color?

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
Phoenix Yellow maybe? That color was awesome!
Got it. I misinterpreted your initial statement. Phoenix Yellow is definitely a classic. IIRC, it was only offered in the last two years of production (2000 and 2001).
Sponsored