• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

What did you pay for your FL5?

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
I secured an allocation back in February for a Championship White Type R at MSRP. The dealer had a $199 doc fee. The car arrived at the dealership last week and was delivered to me this morning. One of the smoothest vehicle transactions I've ever completed, second only to the family hauler we purchased last year (Volvo XC90 T8).

daazn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Miata
I secured an allocation back in February for a Championship White Type R at MSRP. The dealer had a $199 doc fee. The car arrived at the dealership last week and was delivered to me this morning. One of the smoothest vehicle transactions I've ever completed, second only to the family hauler we purchased last year (Volvo XC90 T8).
February as in a month ago??? So jealous if that was the case

ScumbagRob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Congrats! Which dealer?

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
Congrats! Which dealer?
Western Honda in Garden City, KS. Last I spoke to the salesman, the waiting list was 70+people deep. 97% of those individuals will never see a car. Not sure why they keep taking names as they likely will not be allocated another car this year. They saw 4 FK8s during the 5 year production run. For context, the highest volume dealer near Western Honda is Scholfield Honda in Wichita, KS. They sell over 300 cars a month and have only received 2 CTR allocations.

CTRifecta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Western Honda in Garden City, KS. Last I spoke to the salesman, the waiting list was 70+people deep. 97% of those individuals will never see a car. Not sure why they keep taking names as they likely will not be allocated another car this year. They saw 4 FK8s during the 5 year production run. For context, the highest volume dealer near Western Honda is Scholfield Honda in Wichita, KS. They sell over 300 cars a month and have only received 2 CTR allocations.
So how long were you on the list, or how did you skip everyone in line?

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
46.7k, Msrp was just under 45k. 1k ADM but then 400 or 500 processing fee, and another couple hundred in other fees. I hate ADM and believe I'm in idiot for paying it. I'm sure I'll be pissed once these can easliy be had for MSRP.
You sir lucked out. You only think you'll be pissed but wait until you actually drive the car. You will not care one bit. These things will not be easily had at MSRP.

If we match up timelines with the FK8 launch. By this time in the FK8 release window, my dealership had already sold 9 times the amount of FL5s we've currently sold (only 1 sold so far).

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
So how long were you on the list, or how did you skip everyone in line?
I engaged them in early February. The interest in the allocation reached a fever pitch once it was known the vehicle was in transit.

CaryH

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 touring 2.0T, 2005 Toyota 4runner SR5, 2012 c
120 grand...lol

CaryH

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 touring 2.0T, 2005 Toyota 4runner SR5, 2012 c
Hi people how is everyone doing today? "Good to be the king"..mel brooks...lol

ELIAS64

First Name
Elias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23’ Type R
I engaged them in early February. The interest in the allocation reached a fever pitch once it was known the vehicle was in transit.
Respectfully I call BS. :thumbsdown:

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
Respectfully I call BS. :thumbsdown:
I'm not sure what I have to gain from lying about it. Do I get more reputation points for it? Do I get more people on an Internet forum who I don't know to like me?

The dealership I bought the car from is in a rural Midwestern town with a population of less than 30,000 and a median household income less than the MSRP of a Type R. This wasn't the only dealership I was in contact with who had no waiting list and zero local demand. If you're largely shopping for this car in urban centers you're doing it wrong. If you're waiting for allocations to pop up on these trackers before you engage these dealerships you're also doing it wrong.

ScumbagRob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
I'm not sure what I have to gain from lying about it. Do I get more reputation points for it? Do I get more people on an Internet forum who I don't know to like me?

The dealership I bought the car from is in a rural Midwestern town with a population of less than 30,000 and a median household income less than the MSRP of a Type R. This wasn't the only dealership I was in contact with who had no waiting list and zero local demand. If you're largely shopping for this car in urban centers you're doing it wrong. If you're waiting for allocations to pop up on these trackers before you engage these dealerships you're also doing it wrong.
For the record, I don't think you are lying.

But it does seem strange that your dealership - located in a tiny town in the middle of nowhere - has 70+ people on the waitlist. And that it had 0 last month.
Sponsored